Connect with us

Nigeria News

Police boss allegedly brutalises wife in Ibadan



Ogun police arrest two over killing of OAU student for ritual

One Mrs Bisola Olugbade has recounted her ordeal in the hand of her husband, Saheed Olugbade, a Deputy Superintendent of Police, DSP.

48-year-old Bisola said she’s been facing series of violence from her husband who’s attached to Transport Section, Iyaganku Police Headquarters, Ibadan.

Mrs Olugbade, who resides at Owodun Street, Elewure, Akala Way in Oluyole Local Government area of Oyo State, while narrating her ordeal to Vanguard in Ibadan, said her husband has been assaulting and molesting her since she got married to him 21 years ago.

She said: “I got married in 2001, and my marriage has produced four children namely Precious, 22 years; Oyin is 20, Olamide is 15 and Tobi 11 years. My husband, Saheed Olugbade, is a police officer at Iyaganku Police station with the rank of DSP.


“He has been physically abusing me since we got married. He always beats and sends me out of the house whenever he marries another wife. We are legally married but he has married two more wives after me.

Even there was a time his brother also beat me and even stripped off my cloth. I almost fell inside well while trying to run away. At that time we were still living at Ososami. There was even a time he used an axe to cut my body.

“I left his house four years ago when I couldn’t bear the incessant abuse again. And as we are all aware that schools resumed not too long ago in Oyo State, my children are supposed to return to school but they can’t because I don’t have money.

“I’m a petty trader selling drinks but there were no sales and I even went to collect vegetable oil on credit to hawk at Aleshinloye market just for me to raise money to send my children back to school.

“It was one of my children who saw the hardship we were facing that put a call through to their dad and he promised to pay the school fees when he collects his September salary but he didn’t fulfil his promise. My daughter had to call him with her teacher’s phone but he abused the girl and her teacher on phone.


“To my surprise, I just saw him in our house the following morning, Wednesday, and he started shouting at me and I begged him not to shout because we just moved into the apartment. After he entered the house, he began shouting again calling me different names and my children bastards.

“He even told them not to call his number again. I told him to leave my house and he started beating me and punched me in the eyes. I would have been dead if my last child had not called for help. It was my neighbours that rescued me from him.”


Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Copyright © 2016 - 2024 ChronicleNG

Discover more from

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading