Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    APC) has announced the names of 47 senatorial aspirants who were not cleared to participate in its Senate primary elections ahead of the 2027 general elections.

    APC disqualifies Ben Bruce, 46 others from senatorial race

    May 18, 2026
    Teachers carrying placards during a peaceful protest in Ogbomoso over the kidnapping of teachers and students in Oyo State.

    Oyo teachers protest colleagues’ abduction, killing

    May 18, 2026
    Peter Obi has expressed condolences to former Kaduna State governor Mallam Nasir El-Rufai on the death of his mother, Hajiya Umma El-Rufai.

    Nasir El-Rufai granted N100m bail

    May 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • APC disqualifies Ben Bruce, 46 others from senatorial race
    • Oyo teachers protest colleagues’ abduction, killing
    • Nasir El-Rufai granted N100m bail
    • Michael Oyedokun: Terrorists behead abducted Oyo teacher
    • Mourinho agrees Real Madrid return
    • Mourinho to return as Real Madrid coach after unbeaten run at Benfica
    • Otti, Labour Party reject Abure’s 2027 nomination forms sale
    • Senate condemns Oyo abduction, demands immediate action
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, May 18
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Wolves sign former Chelsea striker Diego Costa

    David GreatBy David GreatSeptember 12, 2022No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Diego Costa scored 59 goals in 120 games for Chelsea
    Diego Costa scored 59 goals in 120 games for Chelsea
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Wolves have signed former Chelsea striker Diego Costa on a free transfer until the end of the season.

    The 33-year-old has been without a club since leaving Brazilian side Atletico Mineiro in January.

    Costa completed his medical on Thursday last week as cover for new signing Sasa Kalajdzic, who suffered a cruciate injury on his debut.

    “It [my signing] wasn’t in the best terms possible on accounts of a player’s injury,” Costa said.

    Wait for it… ????#DiegoIsAWolf pic.twitter.com/7rhIZBl7C1

    — Wolves (@Wolves) September 12, 2022

    • Wolves appeal after Diego Costa denied work permit

    The former Spain international added: “I can only wish him nothing but the best for him.

    “But when he [manager, Bruno Lage] told me about returning to the Premier League since this a championship I have related to quite a bit, always liked it and followed.

    “No matter how much I enjoyed playing in Madrid, I felt discouraged, but this motivated me. It lit that fire within me.”

    Costa, who is closing in on 500 career appearances, won the Premier League twice with Chelsea and claimed several trophies with Atletico Madrid in two spells for the Spanish club.

    He had a trial with Wolves last week to assess his fitness and suitability.

    Wolves are currently 14th in the Premier League table after only registering one win in six games this season.

    “Diego will bring something unique to our dressing room and on the pitch,” said Wolves chairman Jeff Shi.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Mourinho to return as Real Madrid coach after unbeaten run at Benfica

    Mourinho agrees Real Madrid return

    Mourinho to return as Real Madrid coach after unbeaten run at Benfica

    Mourinho to return as Real Madrid coach after unbeaten run at Benfica

    Fernandes

    Bruno Fernandes equals assist record as Man United beat Forest 3-2

    Xabi Alonso reacts as reports link him with the Chelsea manager’s job.

    Chelsea appoint Alonso as new manager after turbulent season

    Iran confirms squad for 2026 World Cup

    Iran confirms squad for 2026 World Cup

    Xabi Alonso reacts as reports link him with the Chelsea manager’s job.

    Xabi Alonso agrees four-year deal as Chelsea manager — Fabrizio Romano

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    APC) has announced the names of 47 senatorial aspirants who were not cleared to participate in its Senate primary elections ahead of the 2027 general elections.

    APC disqualifies Ben Bruce, 46 others from senatorial race

    May 18, 2026
    Teachers carrying placards during a peaceful protest in Ogbomoso over the kidnapping of teachers and students in Oyo State.

    Oyo teachers protest colleagues’ abduction, killing

    May 18, 2026
    Peter Obi has expressed condolences to former Kaduna State governor Mallam Nasir El-Rufai on the death of his mother, Hajiya Umma El-Rufai.

    Nasir El-Rufai granted N100m bail

    May 18, 2026
    Michael Oyedokun: Terrorists behead abducted Oyo teacher

    Michael Oyedokun: Terrorists behead abducted Oyo teacher

    May 18, 2026
    Mourinho to return as Real Madrid coach after unbeaten run at Benfica

    Mourinho agrees Real Madrid return

    May 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.