Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    NDLEA operatives at a clandestine methamphetamine laboratory uncovered in Ogun forest with seized chemical substances and suspects.

    NDLEA busts N480bn methamphetamine lab in Ogun, arrests three Mexicans

    May 21, 2026
    Big Wiz: Five Wizkid songs that sound like Fela’s

    Big Wiz: Wizkid becomes first African artiste to reach 11bn Spotify streams

    May 21, 2026
    NLC warns ‘no community is safe anymore’ after Oyo abduction

    NLC warns ‘no community is safe anymore’ after Oyo abduction

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • NDLEA busts N480bn methamphetamine lab in Ogun, arrests three Mexicans
    • Big Wiz: Wizkid becomes first African artiste to reach 11bn Spotify streams
    • NLC warns ‘no community is safe anymore’ after Oyo abduction
    • Gowon accuses Ojukwu of frustrating peace talks, causing civil war
    • SDP expels presidential candidate, 11 others as crisis worsens
    • Otedola sells Geregu stake to invest in Dangote refinery
    • APC primaries tear Benue apart, ‘results were allocated’ aggrieved members claim
    • APC primaries most competitive in history – Yilwatda
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Thursday, May 21
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Ten Hag rejects Ronaldo criticism over ambition

    Opalim LiftedBy Opalim LiftedSeptember 12, 2024No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Ten Hag rejects Ronaldo criticism over ambition
    Ten Hag rejects Ronaldo criticism over ambition
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has dismissed Cristiano Ronaldo’s latest criticism and says the outside noise around the club does not bother him.

    Speaking to former United team-mate Rio Ferdinand on a podcast, Ronaldo said Ten Hag had been wrong to say in a pre-season interview in the manager’s home country of the Netherlands that the club were “a long way away” from winning the Premier League for the first time since 2013.

    Although Ronaldo went on to say he also thought his old club could not win the championship, he felt, as manager, Ten Hag was sending out the wrong message.

    Asked about the veteran forward’s comments ahead of Saturday’s trip to Southampton, Ten Hag said Ronaldo had said the same thing.

    Cristiano Ronaldo Champions League all-time top scorer
    Cristiano Ronaldo Champions League all-time top scorer

    “No, he said this, if you read the article very well,” said Ten Hag.

    “He is entitled to his opinion. It’s OK. He is far away in Saudi, far away from Manchester.”

    • Ronaldo criticises Ten Hag, says Man United must rebuild everything

    After successive defeats by Brighton and Liverpool, United head to Southampton knowing defeat will condemn them to their worst start since 1986-87, when Ron Atkinson was sacked and replaced by Sir Alex Ferguson.

    Ten Hag confirmed full-back Luke Shaw, who has not featured for his club this season despite making three appearances for England during Euro 2024, is still not available.

    Striker Rasmus Hojlund will also miss the game as he continues his recovery from a hamstring injury sustained during the summer tour of the United States.

    New signing Manuel Ugarte is fit, although the £50.2m Uruguay midfielder only returned from international duty on Thursday.

    The two-week break since the Liverpool defeat has seen Ten Hag’s future widely discussed.

    Many outside observers are convinced the 54-year-old will not survive the entire season as co-owner Sir Jim Ratcliffe starts to make his presence felt.

    Ten Hag, who returned home to take charge of old club FC Utrecht in a charity game earlier this week, said the outside “noise” does not bother him.

    “It doesn’t impact me,” he said. “I know where we are in the process and what we have to do and where we are going.

    “I have said before we are still in a transition period. We have to integrate a lot of young players in the team and still have to deal with injuries and bring players back into the team.

    “Before anyone thinks about excuses, no, we have to win every game. I know that. The team knows that. It doesn’t matter who is available.”

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Aston Villa players celebrate after defeating Freiburg to win the Europa League final in Istanbul.

    Clinical Aston Villa outclass Freiburg to win Europa League

    Dowman

    Dowman makes history as youngest Premier League winner

    Super Eagles of Nigeria players pose for photo before a match.

    Nigeria to face Madagascar, Guinea-Bissau in AFCON 2027 qualifiers

    Cristiano Ronaldo topped Ali Daei to be the highest goal scorer in men's football

    Ronaldo leads Portugal’s 2026 World Cup squad

    Arsenal players celebrate winning the Premier League title after Manchester City drew with Bournemouth.

    Arsenal win first EPL title in 22 years after Man City slip at Bournemouth

    lMaresca to replace Guardiola as Man City manager

    Maresca to replace Guardiola as Man City manager

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    NDLEA operatives at a clandestine methamphetamine laboratory uncovered in Ogun forest with seized chemical substances and suspects.

    NDLEA busts N480bn methamphetamine lab in Ogun, arrests three Mexicans

    May 21, 2026
    Big Wiz: Five Wizkid songs that sound like Fela’s

    Big Wiz: Wizkid becomes first African artiste to reach 11bn Spotify streams

    May 21, 2026
    NLC warns ‘no community is safe anymore’ after Oyo abduction

    NLC warns ‘no community is safe anymore’ after Oyo abduction

    May 21, 2026
    Jonathan: Abaribe urges Gowon to 'write his own book, reveal truth about 1966 coup'

    Gowon accuses Ojukwu of frustrating peace talks, causing civil war

    May 21, 2026
    'Where’s the evidence?', SDP questions Tinubu’s $50bn foreign investment claim

    SDP expels presidential candidate, 11 others as crisis worsens

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.