Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break

    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break fast

    February 16, 2026
    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone

    February 16, 2026
    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break fast
    • FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone
    • US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links
    • Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution
    • BREAKING: DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation
    • Nigerians ‘paying for darkness’, Ajaero slams power sector reform as failure
    • US embassy, consulate in Nigeria observe Presidents’ Day
    • National Assembly moves to shift 2027 presidential poll to Feb13
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, February 16
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Saudi move for Salah not closed – Emenalo

    Opalim LiftedBy Opalim LiftedSeptember 8, 2023No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Salah's first strike was his 150th Premier League goal for the Reds
    Mohamed Salah
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The door to Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah joining the Saudi Pro League is not closed, says SPL director of football Michael Emenalo.

    Al-Ittihad had a £150 million offer for the 31-year-old rejected last week, with the Reds insisting he was not for sale.

    A move for Salah did not materialize before the SPL transfer window closed on September 7.

    “First and foremost, Mohamed Salah is one of the best players on the planet,” Emenalo told Sky Sports.

    The bid for Salah, who signed a new three-year contract with Liverpool last summer, was in excess of £100m, with add-ons taking it up to £150m.

    Emenalo added: “I’ve said before, privately and publicly, that we welcome anybody that wants to come [to the SPL], and that includes Salah. But we have to do things in a very professional and respectful manner. That’s what we’re there for; it’s what the SPL has been refined to do—to bring professionalism, respect for efficiencies, and to do things in a competent way.”

    The Al-Ittihad offer came just before the English transfer window closed on September 1 and gave Liverpool little time to bring in a replacement.

    Nevertheless, the Reds and manager Jurgen Klopp maintained Mo would be staying at the club.

    • Salah scores as Liverpool beat Aston Villa

    “You can’t imagine how much fuss the world has made but how calm we are with it,” said Klopp after his side beat Aston Villa on September 3. “He is our player and wants to play here.”

    Salah scored against Villa to take his tally for Liverpool to 188 goals in 309 games.

    “If it didn’t happen, it’s not because we no longer fancy the player or because we have a problem with Liverpool,” added Emenalo.

    “It’s because certain things that needed to align for all the parties involved in the process didn’t align.

    “Nobody is angry; we move on, but we absolutely close no doors, and if the opportunity is there to do things and do them well and it brings Mohamed Salah to the Saudi Pro League, we will all be very grateful.”

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break

    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break fast

    Rayo Vallecano defeated Atlético Madrid 3-0 in Butarque, exposing Atlético's fragile lineup and lifting Rayo out of the relegation zone.

    Rayo Vallecano thrash Atlético Madrid 3-0 in LaLiga clash

    Arsenal beat Brighton to reach Carabao Cup quarter-finals

    Arsenal reach FA Cup fifth round after thrashing Wigan 4-0

    Ambulance hits woman near finish line at Lagos City Marathon

    Ambulance hits woman near finish line at Lagos City Marathon

    Liverpool thrash Brighton 3-0 in FA Cup clash

    Liverpool thrash Brighton 3-0 in FA Cup clash

    Real Madrid: Alonso says 'n o case with Vinicius' over El Clasico outburst

    Real Madrid top La Liga after 4-1 win over Sociedad

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break

    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break fast

    February 16, 2026
    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone

    February 16, 2026
    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    February 16, 2026
    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    February 16, 2026
    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    BREAKING: DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.