Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    May 20, 2026
    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    May 20, 2026
    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president
    • Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges
    • Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws
    • DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West
    • Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary
    • Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears
    • Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours
    • Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Thursday, May 21
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    PGMOL release VAR audio to Liverpool over Diaz disallowed goal

    Opalim LiftedBy Opalim LiftedOctober 3, 2023No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Liverpool's Diaz misses the Sunday match following reports of his parents kidnapping in Colombia
    Liverpool had earlier blocked Barcelona's interest in Luiz Diaz
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The audio of the conversations between the match officials involved in the VAR controversy at Tottenham on Saturday has been supplied to Liverpool.

    Liverpool made a formal request to PGMOL for the audio on Monday and asked to hear the conversations, which took place in full.

    Liverpool has now received the footage from the PGMOL, and the team is reviewing it.

    It is unclear when the audio will be publicly released.

    But the PGMOL has not ruled out releasing the audio around the incident before the next edition of Mic’d Up, the organisation’s new monthly programme broadcast on Sky Sports that includes previously unheard audio from decisions between on-field officials and the VAR team.

    • VAR error officials not selected for weekend games

    The PGMOL admitted immediately after Tottenham’s 2-1 win that “a significant human error occurred” when Diaz’s strike was ruled out, adding: “This was a clear and obvious factual error and should have resulted in the goal being awarded through VAR intervention.”

    The goal was ruled out when VAR official Darren England mistakenly believed Diaz’s goal was initially allowed to stand and told on-field referee Simon Hooper his check was complete.

    Both England and his assistant VAR, Dan Cook, have been removed from matchday duties for this week.

    In a statement released on Sunday night, Liverpool said “It is clear that the correct application of the laws of the game did not occur, resulting in sporting integrity being undermined”.

    There is a big push for the remit of PGMOL’s review to not solely be restricted to the VAR failings themselves and how they happened, but to examine the appointment process of the officials given that three of them—two central to the blunder—worked in the UAE 48 hours before the game.

    The club added: “It is therefore unsatisfactory that sufficient time was not afforded to allow the correct decision to be made and that there was no subsequent intervention.

    “In the meantime, we will explore the range of options available, given the clear need for escalation and resolution.”

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Dowman

    Dowman makes history as youngest Premier League winner

    Super Eagles of Nigeria players pose for photo before a match.

    Nigeria to face Madagascar, Guinea-Bissau in AFCON 2027 qualifiers

    Cristiano Ronaldo topped Ali Daei to be the highest goal scorer in men's football

    Ronaldo leads Portugal’s 2026 World Cup squad

    Arsenal players celebrate winning the Premier League title after Manchester City drew with Bournemouth.

    Arsenal win first EPL title in 22 years after Man City slip at Bournemouth

    lMaresca to replace Guardiola as Man City manager

    Maresca to replace Guardiola as Man City manager

    Arsenal close in on Premier League title after Havertz sinks Burnley

    Arsenal three points from Premier League title after Burnley win

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    May 20, 2026
    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    May 20, 2026
    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    May 20, 2026
    DHQ dismisses fears of terrorist stronghold after Oyo school attacks

    DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West

    May 20, 2026
    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.