Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    May 20, 2026
    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    May 20, 2026
    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president
    • Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges
    • Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws
    • DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West
    • Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary
    • Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears
    • Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours
    • Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Thursday, May 21
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Nkunku strikes late as Chelsea edge Bournemouth 1-0 in fiery clash

    David GreatBy David GreatSeptember 14, 2024No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Nkunku strikes late as Chelsea edge Bournemouth 1-0 in fiery clash
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    A late strike from substitute Christopher Nkunku earned Chelsea a narrow 1-0 victory over Bournemouth at the Vitality Stadium, extending their unbeaten head-to-head run to six games in the process.

    It has been a mixed start for Chelsea so far this term, and they travelled to south to face a Bournemouth side on a high after overturning a two-goal deficit at Everton before the international break.

    The Cherries were the better of the two sides before the break, and within four minutes they went within inches of breaking the deadlock when Marcus Tavernier’s long-range effort crashed back off the crossbar.

    Evanilson and Antoine Semenyo then sent efforts off target before Robert Sánchez denied Justin Kluivert and Lewis Cook, but Bournemouth’s best opportunity to break the deadlock arrived shortly after the half-hour mark.

    A poor Wesley Fofana backpass put Sánchez under pressure, and Evanilson beat him to the ball before pushing the ball past him to earn a penalty. The club’s record signing stepped up himself as he looked to score his first goal for the club, but Sánchez was up to the challenge as he parried the spot-kick to safety.

    • Exiled Chilwell set to return to Chelsea training

    There was the odd moment of quality from Chelsea, with Nicolas Jackson forcing a save from Mark Travers after some good play from Levi Colwill, but Enzo Maresca would ultimately have been disappointed with his side’s first-half display.

    After the break, Bournemouth were initially on top, with Kluivert thwarted by Sánchez once more before Semenyo struck narrowly over and Ryan Christie hit the woodwork from the edge of the area.

    In response, Maresca introduced João Félix, with Jadon Sancho having already come on at halftime, and those changes gave the Blues more control. Andoni Iraola’s men looked to threaten on the counterattack, although to little effect, and that lack of pressure on the Chelsea goal ultimately proved costly.

    Nkunku – who started the contest on the bench – was played in by fellow substitute Sancho, turned a couple of defenders and fired into the corner to send the visiting contingent into raptures.

    Chelsea therefore emerged victorious in a match which featured 14 yellow cards – an all-time Premier League record.

    The Blues are unbeaten in three league matches, while Bournemouth have won just one match in all competitions this term.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    DHQ dismisses fears of terrorist stronghold after Oyo school attacks

    DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West

    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary

    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    May 20, 2026
    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    May 20, 2026
    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    May 20, 2026
    DHQ dismisses fears of terrorist stronghold after Oyo school attacks

    DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West

    May 20, 2026
    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.