Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Health workers responding to Ebola outbreak in DR Congo Ituri province

    WHO declares DR Congo, Uganda Ebola outbreak global health emergency

    May 17, 2026
    Health workers responding to Ebola outbreak in DR Congo Ituri province

    65 dead as DR Congo confirms new Ebola outbreak

    May 17, 2026
    Packets of counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets flagged by NAFDAC over fake batch numbers and health risks in Nigeria.

    NAFDAC warns Nigerians over counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets

    May 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • WHO declares DR Congo, Uganda Ebola outbreak global health emergency
    • 65 dead as DR Congo confirms new Ebola outbreak
    • NAFDAC warns Nigerians over counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets
    • Oyo shuts schools after students, principal abduction
    • Benue youths protest during APC primaries, reject political activities over killings
    • Bruno Fernandes equals assist record as Man United beat Forest 3-2
    • Frank Edoho laments, says ‘I don’t want to die because of a woman’
    • Chelsea appoint Alonso as new manager after turbulent season
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, May 18
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Ngannou aims to test Joshua’s chin in Saudi showdown

    Opalim LiftedBy Opalim LiftedJanuary 16, 2024No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Joshua will face UFC legend Ngannou in his next fight
    Anthony Joshua and Francis Ngannou
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Anthony Joshua is determined to prove he is the UK’s best heavyweight when he faces Francis Ngannou in Saudi Arabia on March 8.

    The Brit goes into the clash on the back of knocking out Otto Wallin last month, while 37-year-old Ngannou lost a controversial split decision to WBC champion Tyson Fury in October.

    Joshua, 34, was on course for a showdown with Deontay Wilder until the American’s shock defeat to Joseph Parker, but he is relishing the prospect of facing ex-UFC heavyweight star Ngannou and further elevating his status at home.

    Speaking at the launch press conference in London, the two-time champ said, “I’ve seen people like him many times before. It’s just his mind that I will have to conquer in the ring.

    “You have to take someone’s soul and their spirit, and I’m looking forward to the challenge.

    “It’s going to be good. It’s going to be explosive; there are many ways to skin a cat.

    • Anthony Joshua to face Francis Ngannou in Saudi showdown

    “I can counterpunch; he can counterpunch. We can both box, as he’s proven. We can both trade, and it’s going to be a good, good fight.

    “Shout out to my promoter and my team for getting me in this position to showcase why I’m the top heavyweight in the UK.

    “I’m not really too concerned about the world. I’m trying to conquer where I live and make everyone know I’m the one who puts boxing on the map.”

    Ngannou was also in high spirits and claimed he would put Joshua’s defences to the test.

    He said, “I have the tools, and it starts against AJ. I’m going to look for his chin.

    “In a fight, you try to hit them in the chin. I’ve heard he doesn’t have a chin, but we’re going to find out.”

    Joshua’s bout against Ngannou is the headline act of a mouthwatering card in Riyadh.

    Another huge heavyweight clash will see Parker take on China’s Zhilei Zhang for the WBO’s interim belt.

    And promoter Eddie Hearn believes AJ will finish the night with his hand raised to secure a showdown with Tyson Fury or Oleksandr Usyk, who collide with all four major heavyweight titles on the line next month.

    Hearn said, “I truly believe he will finish his career as an undisputed heavyweight champion.”

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Fernandes

    Bruno Fernandes equals assist record as Man United beat Forest 3-2

    Xabi Alonso reacts as reports link him with the Chelsea manager’s job.

    Chelsea appoint Alonso as new manager after turbulent season

    Iran confirms squad for 2026 World Cup

    Iran confirms squad for 2026 World Cup

    Xabi Alonso reacts as reports link him with the Chelsea manager’s job.

    Xabi Alonso agrees four-year deal as Chelsea manager — Fabrizio Romano

    Manchester City FA Cup Final Winners 2026

    BREAKING: Man City beat Chelsea to win FA Cup for seventh time

    Mexico teachers to protest during world cup

    Mexico: Teachers threaten World Cup protests over salary proposal

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Health workers responding to Ebola outbreak in DR Congo Ituri province

    WHO declares DR Congo, Uganda Ebola outbreak global health emergency

    May 17, 2026
    Health workers responding to Ebola outbreak in DR Congo Ituri province

    65 dead as DR Congo confirms new Ebola outbreak

    May 17, 2026
    Packets of counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets flagged by NAFDAC over fake batch numbers and health risks in Nigeria.

    NAFDAC warns Nigerians over counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets

    May 17, 2026
    Security concerns rise in Oyo communities as schools shut following student abduction in Oriire LGA.

    Oyo shuts schools after students, principal abduction

    May 17, 2026
    Benue: Protesting Plateau women destroy military checkpoints over killings

    Benue youths protest during APC primaries, reject political activities over killings

    May 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.