Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours

    Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours

    May 20, 2026
    Daniel Bwala said that Peter Obi's success in the 2023 election, where he got over 6.1m votes, was largely due to religious discourse.

    Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists

    May 20, 2026
    Kano gov Yusuf suspends loan vendors after N1.8bn Illegal salary deductions

    Kano govt announces Sallah break for primary, secondary schools

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours
    • Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists
    • Kano govt announces Sallah break for primary, secondary schools
    • CBN retains 26.5% monetary policy rate
    • ASUU begins indefinite strike over welfare, agreement breach
    • Dowman makes history as youngest Premier League winner
    • Two-storey building collapses in Anambra
    • AEDC says prepaid meter bonus units are not free
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Wednesday, May 20
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    NFF to extend Peseiro’s contract

    David GreatBy David GreatAugust 16, 2023No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    AFCON 2023: Peseiro admits his Super Eagles winning strategy suffered
    Jose Peseiro has resigned as coach of Nigeria's men national team
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has opened negotiations with Super Eagles coach Jose Peseiro over a new contract.

    “His contract ended in July and we’re now talking to him and his lawyers,” NFF president Ibrahim Gusau said on Wednesday.

    Peseiro had been on a one-year contract. Gusau said talks were held up because of the delay in the 2023 Africa

    Cup of Nations, on which the contract was based.

    The competition will be held in January and February. Peseiro has led Nigeria to qualification with a game to spare.

    Sources said the NFF want Peseiro to accept a huge cut on his monthly $70,000 salary in a new contract that will run at least until the end of the competition in Ivory Coast.

    • Fans to determine fate of Nigeria coach Jose Peseiro

    “We hope to conclude very soon and a decision will be made based on the recommendations of the technical committee,” said Gusau.

    The Super Eagles round out their qualifying campaign on September 10 at home in Uyo against Sao Tome and Principe.

    Gusau said the contract of Randy Waldrum, coach of the country’s women’s team, has also expired after he led them to the Round of 16 at the Women’s World Cup in Australia and New Zealand.

    He said a decision on Waldrum would also have to be taken soon, as the team will begin their qualification campaign for the 2024 Paris Olympics next month.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours

    Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours

    Daniel Bwala said that Peter Obi's success in the 2023 election, where he got over 6.1m votes, was largely due to religious discourse.

    Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists

    Kano gov Yusuf suspends loan vendors after N1.8bn Illegal salary deductions

    Kano govt announces Sallah break for primary, secondary schools

    The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has instructed banks to complete a mandatory cybersecurity self-assessment within three weeks

    CBN retains 26.5% monetary policy rate

    FG ASUU agreement: 10 key things you need to know

    ASUU begins indefinite strike over welfare, agreement breach

    Dowman

    Dowman makes history as youngest Premier League winner

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours

    Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours

    May 20, 2026
    Daniel Bwala said that Peter Obi's success in the 2023 election, where he got over 6.1m votes, was largely due to religious discourse.

    Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists

    May 20, 2026
    Kano gov Yusuf suspends loan vendors after N1.8bn Illegal salary deductions

    Kano govt announces Sallah break for primary, secondary schools

    May 20, 2026
    The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has instructed banks to complete a mandatory cybersecurity self-assessment within three weeks

    CBN retains 26.5% monetary policy rate

    May 20, 2026
    FG ASUU agreement: 10 key things you need to know

    ASUU begins indefinite strike over welfare, agreement breach

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.