Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    NDC shifts deadline for legislative, governorship forms to May 24

    NDC shifts deadline for legislative, governorship forms to May 24

    May 19, 2026
    Cristiano Ronaldo topped Ali Daei to be the highest goal scorer in men's football

    Ronaldo leads Portugal’s 2026 World Cup squad

    May 19, 2026
    Arsenal players celebrate winning the Premier League title after Manchester City drew with Bournemouth.

    Arsenal win first EPL title in 22 years after Man City slip at Bournemouth

    May 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • NDC shifts deadline for legislative, governorship forms to May 24
    • Ronaldo leads Portugal’s 2026 World Cup squad
    • Arsenal win first EPL title in 22 years after Man City slip at Bournemouth
    • PDP grants Jonathan waiver, clears him for presidential race
    • Igboho expresses readiness to combat terrorists in south-west
    • Gowon reaffirms love for Nigeria in autobiography ‘My Life of Duty & Allegiance’
    • Ebola deaths in Congo rise to 131 amid outbreak
    • DHQ confirms over 20 terrorists killed in coordinated US-Nigeria operation
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Wednesday, May 20
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Euro 2020 Final: FA vows never to allow Wembley incident repeat itself

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorJuly 19, 2021No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Nine police officers were hurt, and a child was struck by a bottle before a football game in south Belfast on Friday night.
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Football Association says it is determined to ensure the “disgraceful scenes” that marred the Euro 2020 final are “never able to be repeated”.

    An independent review investigating the security breaches is to take place, the FA announced on Monday.

    Fans fought with stewards and police as they attempted to break through gates at Wembley on 11 July.

    “We are determined to fully understand what happened outside and then inside Wembley Stadium,” read an FA statement.

    The FA has been hit with four charges by Uefa surrounding the behaviour of fans.

    They relate to disturbances caused during the national anthems, invasion of the pitch, the throwing of objects and the lighting of a firework by fans.

    In addition, a Uefa ethics and disciplinary inspector has been appointed to conduct a disciplinary investigation into events involving supporters that occurred inside and around the stadium.

    The FA announced last week it would conduct a full review after a “large number of drunken yobs” tried to force their way in to Wembley without tickets.

    The FA’s statement on Monday said Baroness Casey of Blackstock has been commissioned to report on the facts and circumstances involved.

    It added: “We continue to work with the relevant authorities in support of their efforts to identify those responsible and hold them to account.”

    • Euro 2020 final: UEFA investigates fans misdemeanor at Wembley

    Football Association chief executive Mark Bullingham apologised to legitimate fans and said the security team had “never seen anything like it”.

    He said the FA would work with the police to ban anyone who had forced their way in and to prevent such an event happening again.

    • Euro final: Harry Maguire’s father left with broken ribs, struggling to breathe

    Images of seven men being sought in connection with the disorder have been released by police.

    England lost to Italy in the final following a penalty shootout after the match ended 1-1 after extra time.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Cristiano Ronaldo topped Ali Daei to be the highest goal scorer in men's football

    Ronaldo leads Portugal’s 2026 World Cup squad

    Arsenal players celebrate winning the Premier League title after Manchester City drew with Bournemouth.

    Arsenal win first EPL title in 22 years after Man City slip at Bournemouth

    lMaresca to replace Guardiola as Man City manager

    Maresca to replace Guardiola as Man City manager

    Arsenal close in on Premier League title after Havertz sinks Burnley

    Arsenal three points from Premier League title after Burnley win

    Lewandowski shines as Barcelona crush Dortmund in UEFA Champions League showdown

    Robert Lewandowski to leave Barcelona at end of season

    Dani Carvajal

    Dani Carvajal leaves Real Madrid after 23 years

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    NDC shifts deadline for legislative, governorship forms to May 24

    NDC shifts deadline for legislative, governorship forms to May 24

    May 19, 2026
    Cristiano Ronaldo topped Ali Daei to be the highest goal scorer in men's football

    Ronaldo leads Portugal’s 2026 World Cup squad

    May 19, 2026
    Arsenal players celebrate winning the Premier League title after Manchester City drew with Bournemouth.

    Arsenal win first EPL title in 22 years after Man City slip at Bournemouth

    May 19, 2026
    Jonathan wins 2025 Sunhak Peace Prize

    PDP grants Jonathan waiver, clears him for presidential race

    May 19, 2026
    Sunday Igboho backs Kemi Badenoch, tells Shettima to focus on Nigeria’s 

    Igboho expresses readiness to combat terrorists in south-west

    May 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.