Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    May 20, 2026
    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    May 20, 2026
    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president
    • Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges
    • Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws
    • DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West
    • Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary
    • Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears
    • Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours
    • Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Thursday, May 21
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Burnley appoint Vincent Kompany as manager

    Michael RightBy Michael RightJune 14, 2022No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Vincent Kompany has been appointed as manager of Burnley
    Vincent Kompany has been appointed as manager of Burnley
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Burnley have appointed premier league legend Vincent Kompany as their new manager after the Belgian left his role as Anderlecht boss.

    Burnley had been in contact with former Manchester City captain Kompany about taking over as manager after parting ways with long-serving leader Sean Dyche in April.

    Mike Jackson took over as caretaker manager but was unable to keep the team in the Premier League, with a 2-1 defeat at home to Newcastle on the penultimate day consigning the Clarets to the Championship.

    After being linked with Bundesliga side Borussia Monchengladbach, among other clubs, Kompany has acknowledged to turning down other offers to take the job at Turf Moor because he sees an “incredible future.”

    With the club back in the Championship for the first time since 2015-16, when they returned to the top division at the first try, the former Manchester City defender has a big rebuilding project.

    • Burnley relegated after home defeat by Newcastle

    We are delighted to confirm the appointment of Vincent Kompany as first-team manager.

    Welcome to Burnley, @vincentkompany! ????#WelcomeKompany | #UTC

    — Burnley FC (@BurnleyOfficial) June 14, 2022

    “It’s true though, I did have other offers,” he told burnleyfootballclub.com.

    “But when I laid out all of the offers on the table, some were perhaps more appealing in terms of name and what they would represent to the wider public, but I had a chance to look in great depth into everything that Burnley is.

    “I looked at what Burnley wanted to achieve and I’m not saying it’s easy, but I saw a path which was different than that at other places.

    “I see a plan and I see good people. I want to work with people that are already at Burnley, I’m allowed to bring good people with me as well, and together we don’t have to change everything.

    “To make a long answer short, I’ve chosen this project because I know that after a difficult start will come an incredible future.”

    Kompany stepped down as head coach of Anderlecht in late May after the club finished third in the Belgian First Division A last season.

    He takes over at Lancashire at a critical period, with a total of 14 professionals confirming departures at the end of last season, including captain Ben Mee and first-team regulars James Tarkowski, Aaron Lennon, Phil Bardsley, and Erik Pieters.

    Burnley chairman Alan Pace said: “We are absolutely delighted to welcome Vincent to Burnley.

    “Vincent is a proven leader and I’ve been very impressed with his ideas for Burnley, his appetite to succeed and his focus on leading the club back to the Premier League.

    “Vincent has shown impressive credentials in leading one of Belgium’s biggest teams back to European football and a Cup Final last season and we’ve been excited by his philosophy, approach and ambition for the club.”

    sky

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Dowman

    Dowman makes history as youngest Premier League winner

    Super Eagles of Nigeria players pose for photo before a match.

    Nigeria to face Madagascar, Guinea-Bissau in AFCON 2027 qualifiers

    Cristiano Ronaldo topped Ali Daei to be the highest goal scorer in men's football

    Ronaldo leads Portugal’s 2026 World Cup squad

    Arsenal players celebrate winning the Premier League title after Manchester City drew with Bournemouth.

    Arsenal win first EPL title in 22 years after Man City slip at Bournemouth

    lMaresca to replace Guardiola as Man City manager

    Maresca to replace Guardiola as Man City manager

    Arsenal close in on Premier League title after Havertz sinks Burnley

    Arsenal three points from Premier League title after Burnley win

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    May 20, 2026
    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    May 20, 2026
    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    May 20, 2026
    DHQ dismisses fears of terrorist stronghold after Oyo school attacks

    DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West

    May 20, 2026
    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.