Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Kwankwaso denies working for Tinubu and says Peter Obi is the best southern candidate for the 2027 election.

    Kwankwaso denies working for Tinubu, says only ‘foolish people’ would believe

    May 21, 2026
    Kingsley Chinda emerges Rivers APC governorship candidate

    Kingsley Chinda emerges Rivers APC governorship candidate

    May 21, 2026
    INEC chairman, Prof. Joash Ojo Amupitan speaking on the need to arrest and prosecute vote buyers in Nigeria

    INEC chair demands arrest, prosecution of vote buyers

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Kwankwaso denies working for Tinubu, says only ‘foolish people’ would believe
    • Kingsley Chinda emerges Rivers APC governorship candidate
    • INEC chair demands arrest, prosecution of vote buyers
    • Yusuf’s aide says Kwankwaso working for Tinubu behind the scenes
    • Osimhen, Galatasaray teammates hosted by Turkish president
    • Maguire ‘shocked’ to miss Tuchel’s England World Cup squad
    • Sokoto: APC endorses Aliyu for second term
    • Yusuf emerges APC consensus candidate for Kano gov poll
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Friday, May 22
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Brighton reject Arsenal’s £60m for Moises Caicedo

    David GreatBy David GreatJanuary 27, 2023No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Chelsea agree British record £115m fee for Moises Caicedo
    Chelsea agree British record £115m fee for Moises Caicedo
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Brighton have rejected a £60m bid from Arsenal for midfielder Moises Caicedo.

    The Premier League leaders are keen to strengthen their squad after Mohamed Elneny picked up an injury in training that could mean a lengthy lay-off.

    Arsenal already have a small squad and manager Mikel Arteta does not want to jeopardise his team’s title challenge through a lack of numbers.

    Brighton had reportedly already turned down a £55m bid by Chelsea for 21-year-old Caicedo.

    The Seagulls sold Marc Cucurella to Chelsea in a deal worth £60m, Yves Bissouma to Tottenham for £25m plus add-ons and Neal Maupay to Everton for £15m in the summer.

    Earlier this month, Leandro Trossard left them to join to Arsenal for an initial £21m and Brighton do not have a financial reason to sell Caicedo.

    Given they are currently sixth in the table, with the potential to move to fifth if they win their two games in hand on Tottenham, they have no desire to sell the Ecuador international either.

    • Brighton want 100m for Moises Caicedo

    Caicedo has made 26 appearances in the Premier League, scoring twice and is under contract until 2025.

    Talks are, however, continuing and it is expected Arsenal will return with another offer but it remains to be seen whether Caicedo, who recently changed agents, will try to force his way out of the club before the window closes on Tuesday night.

    Brighton manager Roberto de Zerbi told a news conference on Friday that the midfielder was “relaxed” and “focused only on Brighton.”

    The Italian said: “I spoke with him like a father, not like a coach.

    “I hope he can stay with us until the end of the season because for my idea/my opinion that’s the best solution for him and for us.”

    “I am focused on Brighton,” Caicedo said recently. “I am here, I’m playing every day. Things from outside don’t trouble me, nor does it take that focus away because I’m focused only on here.

    “I handle [the speculation] well. You hear rumours here and there, but I only try to be focused on the club.”

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Osimhen, Galatasaray teammates hosted by Turkey president

    Osimhen, Galatasaray teammates hosted by Turkish president

    Grealish, Maguire dropped from England final squad list

    Maguire ‘shocked’ to miss Tuchel’s England World Cup squad

    Southampton had been looking for an immediate return to the Premier League having been relegated at the end of the 2024-25 season

    FA opens Southampton investigation over Spygate

    Aston Villa players celebrate after defeating Freiburg to win the Europa League final in Istanbul.

    Clinical Aston Villa outclass Freiburg to win Europa League

    Dowman

    Dowman makes history as youngest Premier League winner

    Super Eagles of Nigeria players pose for photo before a match.

    Nigeria to face Madagascar, Guinea-Bissau in AFCON 2027 qualifiers

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Kwankwaso denies working for Tinubu and says Peter Obi is the best southern candidate for the 2027 election.

    Kwankwaso denies working for Tinubu, says only ‘foolish people’ would believe

    May 21, 2026
    Kingsley Chinda emerges Rivers APC governorship candidate

    Kingsley Chinda emerges Rivers APC governorship candidate

    May 21, 2026
    INEC chairman, Prof. Joash Ojo Amupitan speaking on the need to arrest and prosecute vote buyers in Nigeria

    INEC chair demands arrest, prosecution of vote buyers

    May 21, 2026
    Kwankwaso denies working for Tinubu and says Peter Obi is the best southern candidate for the 2027 election.

    Yusuf’s aide says Kwankwaso working for Tinubu behind the scenes

    May 21, 2026
    Osimhen, Galatasaray teammates hosted by Turkey president

    Osimhen, Galatasaray teammates hosted by Turkish president

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.