Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    May 20, 2026
    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    May 20, 2026
    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president
    • Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges
    • Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws
    • DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West
    • Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary
    • Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears
    • Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours
    • Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Thursday, May 21
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Arsene Wenger not ruling out Bayern Munich job

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorNovember 6, 2019No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Arsene Wenger is FIFA chief of Global Football Development
    Arsene Wenger is FIFA chief of Global Football Development
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Arsene Wenger has refused to rule out the prospect of taking over at Bayern Munich amid speculation linking him to the vacant manager’s job at the Bundesliga club.

    The former Arsenal boss has emerged as a contender for the role after Bayern sacked Niko Kovac at the weekend.

    Ralf Rangnick has turned down the chance to speak with Bayern, while Paris Saint-Germain head coach Thomas Tuchel has also said he is not interested.

    Ajax boss Erik ten Hag has also said he will not be leaving the Dutch club this season, despite interest from Bayern, with reports in Germany suggesting Wenger is now one of the favorites for the position.

    Asked whether he would be interested in the Bayern Munich job, Wenger told beIN Sports: “Of course. Coaching was my whole life until now.

    READ ALSO: US Senator Claims China Is Spying On TikTok Users

    “Everybody who has coached will tell you the same. You miss the intensity but some things you miss a lot, some things you don’t miss. I enjoyed the things I don’t miss too much.

    “But on the other hand, football games, winning football games, preparing the team for the game, and getting satisfaction and shared emotions. That is something that you miss.”

    Elsewhere, Rangnick, who is head of sport and development at Red Bull, has turned down the chance to speak with Bayern about the vacancy.

    The 61-year-old’s agent, Marc Kosicke, has revealed that Rangnick is not interested in taking over at the Allianz Arena.

    “No, Ralf Rangnick is not available,” Kosicke told Bild.

    “We do not believe that what Ralf Rangnick brings is currently being sought after by Bayern. And that’s why it makes no sense to hold concrete talks.”

    Sky in Germany reported on Tuesday that PSG boss Tuchel had been contacted by Bayern Munich.

    However, speaking ahead of his side’s Champions League clash with Club Brugge on Wednesday, the 46-year-old said he has no interest in a move to Bavaria.

    “No I am not interested because I am the coach of PSG, for this season I am still in contract, you need to fact check, and the contract is still for next year so I don’t even think about it,” he said.

    Rangnick has previously had spells in charge of Hoffenheim, Schalke and RB Leipzig.

    SKY

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Dowman

    Dowman makes history as youngest Premier League winner

    Super Eagles of Nigeria players pose for photo before a match.

    Nigeria to face Madagascar, Guinea-Bissau in AFCON 2027 qualifiers

    Cristiano Ronaldo topped Ali Daei to be the highest goal scorer in men's football

    Ronaldo leads Portugal’s 2026 World Cup squad

    Arsenal players celebrate winning the Premier League title after Manchester City drew with Bournemouth.

    Arsenal win first EPL title in 22 years after Man City slip at Bournemouth

    lMaresca to replace Guardiola as Man City manager

    Maresca to replace Guardiola as Man City manager

    Arsenal close in on Premier League title after Havertz sinks Burnley

    Arsenal three points from Premier League title after Burnley win

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    May 20, 2026
    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    May 20, 2026
    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    May 20, 2026
    DHQ dismisses fears of terrorist stronghold after Oyo school attacks

    DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West

    May 20, 2026
    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.