Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    El-Rufai court bail hearing in Abuja with strict DSS reporting and surety conditions outlined by the Federal High Court.

    Court orders El-Rufai to report to DSS monthly

    May 18, 2026
    Land-grabbing thugs popularly called "Omo Onile" have demolished over 50 buildings in the Surulere community of Lagos State.

    Political thugs disrupt Ondo APC primary collation

    May 18, 2026
    Senate : SERAP demands Akpabio publish names in N200tn NNPCL probe

    Akpabio emerges APC senatorial candidate for Akwa Ibom north west

    May 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Court orders El-Rufai to report to DSS monthly
    • Political thugs disrupt Ondo APC primary collation
    • Akpabio emerges APC senatorial candidate for Akwa Ibom north west
    • El-Rufai: Family kicks as DSS picks ex-gov after court grants bail
    • Yahaya Bello wins APC Kogi central senate primary
    • Fire outbreak razes Abuja national hospital
    • Robert Lewandowski to leave Barcelona at end of season
    • Dani Carvajal leaves Real Madrid after 23 years
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Tuesday, May 19
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Ancelotti confirms Casemiro exit from Real Madrid

    David GreatBy David GreatAugust 19, 2022No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Casemiro won UEFA Super Cup with Real Madrid earlier this month
    Casemiro won UEFA Super Cup with Real Madrid earlier this month
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti says midfielder Casemiro wants a “new challenge” and to leave the club as Manchester United close in on a deal worth up to 70m euros (£59.2m).

    Talks have progressed quickly and United are optimistic the deal for the Brazil international, 30, will be completed in the next few days.

    Casemiro trained with Real on Friday.

    “The negotiations are ongoing right now, he is still our player but his will is to leave,” said Ancelotti.

    “I have spoken with him. Casemiro, for what he has done and the person he is, we must respect that desire.”

    The Italian added: “Casemiro wants a new challenge and we understand his feeling, I do not think there is a way back.”

    ???? @MrAncelotti: “We are ready, we are in a good moment, we want to keep up the team’s good dynamic in order to fight and win.”#CeltaRealMadrid pic.twitter.com/VEnMWH8BJd

    — Real Madrid C.F. ???????????????? (@realmadriden) August 19, 2022

    United’s deal for the player is for an initial 60m euros (£50.7m) plus 10m euros (£8.5m) in add-ons.

    Casemiro has been with Real since 2013, winning three La Liga titles and five Champions Leagues.

    United are bottom of the Premier League and host Liverpool on Monday.

    Carlo Ancelotti has joined Real Madrid from Everton
    Carlo Ancelotti says Casemiro wants a new challenge

    Casemiro would become one of the United’s top earners if he completes the move and would sign a four-year contract with the option of an additional year.

    • Man Utd to sign £60m Casemiro from Madrid

    After talks to sign Juventus’ Adrien Rabiot collapsed over the player’s demands, United have turned their attention to Casemiro as they look to address weaknesses in Erik ten Hag’s midfield.

    Although Casemiro has a contract that runs to 2025, Real are mindful of the scale of United’s offer of a contract that could extend to 2027 once the option of an additional season is added on. They would not stand in his way if he decided to accept.

    He would arrive at United on a big salary in keeping with his status as one of 30 players nominated for this year’s Ballon D’Or, even if his place at Real is under threat from new arrival Aurelien Tchouameni.

    “Within the squad we have a replacement,” added Ancelotti. “Tchouameni has been signed for this position and at the moment he is one of the best midfielders on the market.

    “There is also the option of [Toni] Kroos, who can play in this position, as he did the second year I was here. There is also [Eduardo] Camavinga.”

    One of the best defensive midfield players in the world, Casemiro has been effective in a team that drops deep when it does not have possession, which Real tend to do with Luka Modric and Toni Kroos in their team.

    Casemiro’s impact can be seen by looking at Opta statistics to compare his figures against those of other central midfielders in La Liga last season.

    The Brazil international ranked top for successful blocks, placed second for tackles made, behind Barcelona’s Sergio Busquets, and also came third overall for possession won. Real Sociedad’s Mikel Merino was first and Busquets runner-up in that latter category.

    He also contributed to Real’s attacks, ranking fifth for forward passes and joint-sixth for shots among the league’s central midfielders.

    Casemiro spent a season away from the Bernabeu on loan at Portuguese side Porto in 2014-15 but returned to Spain the following season after Real activated his buy-back clause.

    He has made 222 appearances for the Spanish giants and scored 24 goals.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Lewandowski shines as Barcelona crush Dortmund in UEFA Champions League showdown

    Robert Lewandowski to leave Barcelona at end of season

    Dani Carvajal

    Dani Carvajal leaves Real Madrid after 23 years

    Mourinho to return as Real Madrid coach after unbeaten run at Benfica

    Mourinho agrees Real Madrid return

    Mourinho to return as Real Madrid coach after unbeaten run at Benfica

    Mourinho to return as Real Madrid coach after unbeaten run at Benfica

    Fernandes

    Bruno Fernandes equals assist record as Man United beat Forest 3-2

    Xabi Alonso reacts as reports link him with the Chelsea manager’s job.

    Chelsea appoint Alonso as new manager after turbulent season

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    El-Rufai court bail hearing in Abuja with strict DSS reporting and surety conditions outlined by the Federal High Court.

    Court orders El-Rufai to report to DSS monthly

    May 18, 2026
    Land-grabbing thugs popularly called "Omo Onile" have demolished over 50 buildings in the Surulere community of Lagos State.

    Political thugs disrupt Ondo APC primary collation

    May 18, 2026
    Senate : SERAP demands Akpabio publish names in N200tn NNPCL probe

    Akpabio emerges APC senatorial candidate for Akwa Ibom north west

    May 18, 2026
    Peter Obi has expressed condolences to former Kaduna State governor Mallam Nasir El-Rufai on the death of his mother, Hajiya Umma El-Rufai.

    El-Rufai: Family kicks as DSS picks ex-gov after court grants bail

    May 18, 2026
    Gunmen in military uniform attacked Yahaya Bello - Kogi Government

    Yahaya Bello wins APC Kogi central senate primary

    May 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.