Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    May 20, 2026
    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    May 20, 2026
    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president
    • Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges
    • Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws
    • DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West
    • Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary
    • Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears
    • Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours
    • Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Thursday, May 21
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Algeria, Morocco to rival Nigeria for AFCON 2025 hosting right

    Michael RightBy Michael RightOctober 4, 2022No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    AFCON 2025 begins in Morocco today with $7m prize at stake
    AFCON trophy
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    North African giants Algeria and Morocco are keen on challenging Nigeria for the hosting rights of the 2025 Africa Cup of Nations.

    The Confederation of African Football (CAF) announced on Sunday it has withdrawn the hosting right of the competition from Guinea.

    CAF took the decision due to the country’s lack of quality infrastructure and facilities to host the 24-team competition.

    Former President of the Nigeria Football Federation, Amaju Melvin Pinnick, stated earlier in July that his country and neighbours, Benin Republic were willing to stage Africa’s flagship soccer event.

    • Japan’s Daikin to produce air conditions in Nigeria

    But they now face stiff competition from the two North African giants.

    Morocco are expected to submit a bid to host the competition in the coming days.

    Algerian Minister of Youth and Sports, Abderrazak Sebgag told News Agency: “It’s time for Algeria to organise major events. We are going to present a good file to organise the Africa Cup of Nations 2025.”

    Algerian Football Federation, Zefizef Djahid has already confirmed that his country will submit a bid to host the competition.

    In the same vein, Algeria Football Federation boss Zefizef Djahid was quoted by Kingfut: “Algeria has all the capabilities to host the 2025 Africa Cup of Nations.”

    Algeria last hosted Afcon in 1990. There the Desert Foxes beat Nigeria in the final at Stade 5 Juillet 1962, Algiers.

    The North Africans would be hoping to be counted worthy by the Confederation of African Football in the coming months.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Daniel Bwala said that Peter Obi's success in the 2023 election, where he got over 6.1m votes, was largely due to religious discourse.

    Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists

    Dowman

    Dowman makes history as youngest Premier League winner

    Super Eagles of Nigeria players pose for photo before a match.

    Nigeria to face Madagascar, Guinea-Bissau in AFCON 2027 qualifiers

    Peter Obi reacts to the kidnapping of students in Borno and Oyo states, describing the attacks as a threat to Nigeria’s future and education sector.

    Peter Obi unperturbed as PDP clears Jonathan for 2027 election

    Cristiano Ronaldo topped Ali Daei to be the highest goal scorer in men's football

    Ronaldo leads Portugal’s 2026 World Cup squad

    Arsenal players celebrate winning the Premier League title after Manchester City drew with Bournemouth.

    Arsenal win first EPL title in 22 years after Man City slip at Bournemouth

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    May 20, 2026
    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    May 20, 2026
    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    May 20, 2026
    DHQ dismisses fears of terrorist stronghold after Oyo school attacks

    DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West

    May 20, 2026
    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.