Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Health workers responding to Ebola outbreak in DR Congo Ituri province

    WHO declares DR Congo, Uganda Ebola outbreak global health emergency

    May 17, 2026
    Health workers responding to Ebola outbreak in DR Congo Ituri province

    65 dead as DR Congo confirms new Ebola outbreak

    May 17, 2026
    Packets of counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets flagged by NAFDAC over fake batch numbers and health risks in Nigeria.

    NAFDAC warns Nigerians over counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets

    May 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • WHO declares DR Congo, Uganda Ebola outbreak global health emergency
    • 65 dead as DR Congo confirms new Ebola outbreak
    • NAFDAC warns Nigerians over counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets
    • Oyo shuts schools after students, principal abduction
    • Benue youths protest during APC primaries, reject political activities over killings
    • Bruno Fernandes equals assist record as Man United beat Forest 3-2
    • Frank Edoho laments, says ‘I don’t want to die because of a woman’
    • Chelsea appoint Alonso as new manager after turbulent season
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, May 18
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Woman steals two-month old baby from mother in Ekiti

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorSeptember 20, 2019No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Father sells 11-month-old baby on Facebook to fund gambling spree 
    Father sells 11-month-old baby on Facebook to fund gambling spree 
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    An unidentified woman has reportedly stolen a two-month-old baby from his mother.

    It was gathered that the incident occurred this afternoon at the  State Secretariat in Ado Ekiti.

    An eyewitness revealed that the woman deceived the mother of the infant boy to follow her to the State Secretariat to collect some relief materials being given by government to flood victims.

    On getting there, she collected the child and a cell phone from the mother and asked her to buy a recharge card but ran away with the baby before the arrival of the woman.

    READ: 100m Nigerians have no reason to be poor — Lagos Dep. Gov

    Narrating her ordeal, the woman who was sobbing profusely, claimed that the abductor whom she suspected to be from the Eastern part of the country had been patronizing her at the oja-oba market where she sells soup ingredients since Monday on daily basis.

    She said the suspect informed her on Wednesday that she would take her to the State Secretariat where her husband works and that the husband would facilitate the relief materials for her.

    She explained that the woman came to her shop with a list of possible beneficiaries and included her name making her believe that she was being favoured.

    According to her, the Ibo woman who had become a regular customer had this morning invited her to the Secretariat and pretended to be waiting for someone, having entered one or two offices under the pretence of making some arrangements.

    The  woman, who claimed she had lost a child recently before the delivery of the stolen boy, said the Ibo  woman collected her phone and the baby and gave her money to buy recharge card quickly so as to make an urgent call and by the time she came back, the woman had fled with her baby.

    When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer, Ekiti  Command, DSP Caleb Ikechukwu, said “the story is trending but I’m yet to be briefed. You can be rest assured that as soon as the incident is confirmed, we shall go to public with it”.  Nigerian News

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Health workers responding to Ebola outbreak in DR Congo Ituri province

    WHO declares DR Congo, Uganda Ebola outbreak global health emergency

    Health workers responding to Ebola outbreak in DR Congo Ituri province

    65 dead as DR Congo confirms new Ebola outbreak

    Packets of counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets flagged by NAFDAC over fake batch numbers and health risks in Nigeria.

    NAFDAC warns Nigerians over counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets

    Security concerns rise in Oyo communities as schools shut following student abduction in Oriire LGA.

    Oyo shuts schools after students, principal abduction

    Benue: Protesting Plateau women destroy military checkpoints over killings

    Benue youths protest during APC primaries, reject political activities over killings

    Frank Edoho, ex-wife fight dirty over infidelity, divorce

    Frank Edoho laments, says ‘I don’t want to die because of a woman’

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Health workers responding to Ebola outbreak in DR Congo Ituri province

    WHO declares DR Congo, Uganda Ebola outbreak global health emergency

    May 17, 2026
    Health workers responding to Ebola outbreak in DR Congo Ituri province

    65 dead as DR Congo confirms new Ebola outbreak

    May 17, 2026
    Packets of counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets flagged by NAFDAC over fake batch numbers and health risks in Nigeria.

    NAFDAC warns Nigerians over counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets

    May 17, 2026
    Security concerns rise in Oyo communities as schools shut following student abduction in Oriire LGA.

    Oyo shuts schools after students, principal abduction

    May 17, 2026
    Benue: Protesting Plateau women destroy military checkpoints over killings

    Benue youths protest during APC primaries, reject political activities over killings

    May 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.