Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Kwankwaso denies working for Tinubu and says Peter Obi is the best southern candidate for the 2027 election.

    Kwankwaso denies working for Tinubu, says only ‘foolish people’ would believe

    May 21, 2026
    Kingsley Chinda emerges Rivers APC governorship candidate

    Kingsley Chinda emerges Rivers APC governorship candidate

    May 21, 2026
    INEC chairman, Prof. Joash Ojo Amupitan speaking on the need to arrest and prosecute vote buyers in Nigeria

    INEC chair demands arrest, prosecution of vote buyers

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Kwankwaso denies working for Tinubu, says only ‘foolish people’ would believe
    • Kingsley Chinda emerges Rivers APC governorship candidate
    • INEC chair demands arrest, prosecution of vote buyers
    • Yusuf’s aide says Kwankwaso working for Tinubu behind the scenes
    • Osimhen, Galatasaray teammates hosted by Turkish president
    • Maguire ‘shocked’ to miss Tuchel’s England World Cup squad
    • Sokoto: APC endorses Aliyu for second term
    • Yusuf emerges APC consensus candidate for Kano gov poll
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Thursday, May 21
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Wike vows to make Abuja hot for terrorists

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoJanuary 17, 2024No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Tinubu urges Wike to dump PDP, join APC
    FCT minister Nyesom Wike
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike, has stated that the Federal Government will not tolerate any sort of bandit attack in Abuja.

    Wike addressed the crowd on Wednesday during a town hall gathering with citizens from the FCT’s Bwari Area Council.

    He called the meeting in response to increased allegations of kidnapping for ransom and homicide in the FCT.

    Earlier on Tuesday, Wike met with the heads of security agencies in the FCT, top officials from the FCT government, and chairmen of the six area councils, during which he declared that the government was aware of the security situation in the territory.

    Speaking at the town hall gathering on Wednesday, the Wike stated that President Bola Tinubu had directed him to supply everything the security agencies would require and that it would no longer be business as usual.

    Recall that gunmen kidnapped and killed some residents, including a 13-year-old teenager, Folashade Ariyo, who was kidnapped along with ten other residents of the Sagwari Estate Layout in Abuja’s Dutse-Alhaji Area, and Najeebah Al-Kadriyar, a 400-level student of Ahmadu Bello University in Zaria, who was kidnapped along with 22 others in Bwari.

    Speaking on Wednesday, Wike said, “Security is one of the key priorities of Mr. President’s administration.

    “Yesterday, Mr. President summoned a high-level security meeting, which included all the service chiefs, the Minister of Defense, and my humble self, because of recent attacks, particularly in Bwari.

    “And so, currently, it is one of the key priorities that Mr. President’s Renewed Hope Agenda will want to face squarely.”

    Wike added, “It is no longer going to be business as usual. Everything has to be done to protect lives and property.

    “Without protection of lives and property, we have no business in government. My reason for coming here today is to assure you that we are very serious.

    “All those criminals and bandits—enough is enough. We will do everything in our power to make sure that we do not allow this to happen again.

    “That is why, just this morning, Mr. President gave me approval to provide everything required to the security agencies. And just like what Etsu-Bwari and Sarkin-Bwari said, it is not by merely talking; we are serious.

    “Security agencies will not have any reason to say that they are not equipped; we will provide everything required.

    “I know how big Bwari is, and I know that you have boundaries with three states: Niger State, Kaduna State, and Nasarawa State.

    “I know because these bandits were chased away from the Northeast, so they are making their way here; we will make it hot for them,” he said.

    Earlier, John Gabaya, Chairman of Bwari Area Council, revealed that the Council was made up of 16 districts as well as over 90 villages and hamlets and that the Council’s vastness and tough terrain made security concerns even more difficult.

    He thus requested that security agencies in the area be provided with the necessary logistics, adding that each district would require at least one vehicle and seven motorcycles for effective patrol and surveillance, as well as training and retraining of hunters and villagers hired by the Council for security.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Kwankwaso denies working for Tinubu and says Peter Obi is the best southern candidate for the 2027 election.

    Kwankwaso denies working for Tinubu, says only ‘foolish people’ would believe

    Kingsley Chinda emerges Rivers APC governorship candidate

    Kingsley Chinda emerges Rivers APC governorship candidate

    INEC chairman, Prof. Joash Ojo Amupitan speaking on the need to arrest and prosecute vote buyers in Nigeria

    INEC chair demands arrest, prosecution of vote buyers

    Kwankwaso denies working for Tinubu and says Peter Obi is the best southern candidate for the 2027 election.

    Yusuf’s aide says Kwankwaso working for Tinubu behind the scenes

    Aliyu sacks all Sokoto educational authorities

    Sokoto: APC endorses Aliyu for second term

    Kano gov Yusuf suspends loan vendors after N1.8bn Illegal salary deductions

    Yusuf emerges APC consensus candidate for Kano gov poll

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Kwankwaso denies working for Tinubu and says Peter Obi is the best southern candidate for the 2027 election.

    Kwankwaso denies working for Tinubu, says only ‘foolish people’ would believe

    May 21, 2026
    Kingsley Chinda emerges Rivers APC governorship candidate

    Kingsley Chinda emerges Rivers APC governorship candidate

    May 21, 2026
    INEC chairman, Prof. Joash Ojo Amupitan speaking on the need to arrest and prosecute vote buyers in Nigeria

    INEC chair demands arrest, prosecution of vote buyers

    May 21, 2026
    Kwankwaso denies working for Tinubu and says Peter Obi is the best southern candidate for the 2027 election.

    Yusuf’s aide says Kwankwaso working for Tinubu behind the scenes

    May 21, 2026
    Osimhen, Galatasaray teammates hosted by Turkey president

    Osimhen, Galatasaray teammates hosted by Turkish president

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.