Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Benue and Niger tragedy: Obi slams Tinubu for failing to visit affected communities

    NDC screens Peter Obi for presidential primaries

    May 20, 2026
    Peter Obi reacts to the kidnapping of students in Borno and Oyo states, describing the attacks as a threat to Nigeria’s future and education sector.

    Peter Obi unperturbed as PDP clears Jonathan for 2027 election

    May 20, 2026
    Singer Niniola loses husband after 13 years of marriage

    Singer Niniola loses husband after 13 years of marriage

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • NDC screens Peter Obi for presidential primaries
    • Peter Obi unperturbed as PDP clears Jonathan for 2027 election
    • Singer Niniola loses husband after 13 years of marriage
    • Oyo attack, abductions heighten security agitations in South-West
    • Lagos bans transportation of goods on public buses
    • WHO fears Congo Ebola outbreak has spread beyond borders
    • NDC shifts deadline for legislative, governorship forms to May 24
    • Ronaldo leads Portugal’s 2026 World Cup squad
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Wednesday, May 20
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Two commissioners test positive in Ebonyi

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorJune 6, 2020No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Umahi vows to resign if Abuja-Kaduna-Kano road project fails quality test
    Minister of Works Dave Umahi
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    At least two members of the Ebonyi State Executive Council have tested positive for COVID-19, sources said on Friday in Abakaliki.

    The cabinet members are among the 80 confirmed cases in the state so far.

    A two-month-old baby has also tested positive in Delta State while in neighbouring Anambra, the state government decided to restrict traffic flow on the Niger Bridge between 7pm and 6 am daily.

    Following the health status of the commissioners, Governor David Umahi on Thursday directed all other members of the executive council to go for test as they may have had contact with those who tested positive.

    The names of the affected officials were not disclosed.

    Information Commissioner Uchenna Orji merely said: “All EXCO members and government officials, especially of the Ministries of Finance and Budget, are advised to undergo COVID-19 test” within one week.

    Sources said Finance and Budget Commissioner Ogbonnaya Chukwu and the Principal Secretary to the Governor, Clement Nweke were ill but the nature of their illness could not be immediately confirmed.

    • Lawmaker, three others die of coronavirus in Nasarawa

    Orji himself said he had done his own test and had proceeded on self isolation while awaiting the result of the test.

    Two-month-old baby tests positive in Delta

    Delta Health Commissioner Mordi Ononye, yesterday confirmed that a two-month-old baby girl was among the 116 confirmed cases of Covid-19 in the state.

    Ononye told reporters in Asaba that pediatricians were taking care of the baby.

    He was optimistic that the girl would overcome the infection.

    She is being quarantined along with her mother at the Asaba Specialist Hospital.

    Giving a breakdown of the infection in the state, Ononye  said: “We have recorded eight deaths, which is about seven per cent fatality rate, and have conducted 850 tests and have received 7,708 calls on our hotlines.

    “We have investigated 850 suspects and at present, 13 health workers have been infected.

    “No one should doubt that Covid-19 is real. There are confirmed cases in 13 local government areas of the state and 66 per cent of those affected are males while 34 per cent are females, with bed occupancy rate of 48 per cent.”

    He affirmed the commitment of Governor Ifeanyi Okowa’s administration to curbing the spread of the virus.

    Secretary to the State Government, Mr Chiedu Ebie, announced that the curfew of 7 pm to 6 am imposed in the state by the government remained in force and urged Deltans to obey safety measures set by the government to check the spread of the virus.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Benue and Niger tragedy: Obi slams Tinubu for failing to visit affected communities

    NDC screens Peter Obi for presidential primaries

    Peter Obi reacts to the kidnapping of students in Borno and Oyo states, describing the attacks as a threat to Nigeria’s future and education sector.

    Peter Obi unperturbed as PDP clears Jonathan for 2027 election

    Singer Niniola loses husband after 13 years of marriage

    Singer Niniola loses husband after 13 years of marriage

    Michael Oyedokun: Terrorists behead abducted Oyo teacher

    Oyo attack, abductions heighten security agitations in South-West

    Sanwo-Olu The Lagos State Internal Revenue Service has declared that it will use third-party agents to collect unpaid taxes from defaulting taxpayers, including banks, employers, debtors, tenants, and business partners.

    Lagos bans transportation of goods on public buses

    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO fears Congo Ebola outbreak has spread beyond borders

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Benue and Niger tragedy: Obi slams Tinubu for failing to visit affected communities

    NDC screens Peter Obi for presidential primaries

    May 20, 2026
    Peter Obi reacts to the kidnapping of students in Borno and Oyo states, describing the attacks as a threat to Nigeria’s future and education sector.

    Peter Obi unperturbed as PDP clears Jonathan for 2027 election

    May 20, 2026
    Singer Niniola loses husband after 13 years of marriage

    Singer Niniola loses husband after 13 years of marriage

    May 20, 2026
    Michael Oyedokun: Terrorists behead abducted Oyo teacher

    Oyo attack, abductions heighten security agitations in South-West

    May 20, 2026
    Sanwo-Olu The Lagos State Internal Revenue Service has declared that it will use third-party agents to collect unpaid taxes from defaulting taxpayers, including banks, employers, debtors, tenants, and business partners.

    Lagos bans transportation of goods on public buses

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.