Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Oba Kehinde Falodun, the monarch of the Agamọ Community in the Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, was reportedly slain by suspected Terrorists.

    Terrorists kill 33 in fresh Kebbi attack

    February 20, 2026
    Shehu Sani: E-transmission not enough for credible elections 

    Shehu Sani says e-transmission not enough for credible elections 

    February 20, 2026
    EFCC docks two over alleged N143m fraud in Benin

    EFCC docks two over alleged N143m fraud in Benin

    February 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Terrorists kill 33 in fresh Kebbi attack
    • Shehu Sani says e-transmission not enough for credible elections 
    • EFCC docks two over alleged N143m fraud in Benin
    • Osinbajo hails Otti’s reforms in Abia
    • SERAP asks court to strike out DSS N5.5bn suit
    • NOA slams traders over Ramadan, Lent food price spike
    • ICPC raids El-Rufai’s residence amid probe
    • Crystal Palace waste lead to draw Zrinjski 1-1
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Friday, February 20
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Troops clear Borno villages of Boko Haram jihadists

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorMay 12, 2019No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    ECOWAS sends troops to Benin
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    Nigerian troops have arrested the weapons manufacturer for bandits in Niger

    Troops have killed four Boko Haram jihadists in a clearance operation, tagged  “Operation Hard Strike” at villages in Borno State, the military authorities announced on Sunday.

    The army spokesman, Col. Sagir Musa, made the announcement in a statement sent to NAN in Abuja.

    Musa said that troops had cleared Surdewalla, Ranwa, Baladayo, Sabon Gari and Shetimeri villages, where the jihadists previously operated in.

    He said that during the operation, a makeshift shelter, erected by the jihadists was destroyed by troops and that soldiers deployed at the Forward Operation Base in Gajigana, ambushed terrorists attempting to infiltrate the town.

    “Unconfirmed number of terrorists were exterminated and two soldiers were wounded during the encounter. The soldiers are stable and currently receiving treatment in a military hospital,” he said.

    Musa said that the army’s 177 Task Force Battalion in collaboration with Civilian JTF also cleared Mboa, Mboa-Kura, Yarchida, Bombula, Tshata and Bamzir villages.

    He said that one AK 47 rifle, three magazines, 50 rounds of 7.62mm special ammunition and one magazine bandollier were recovered from the terrorists.

    READ: Nigerians react as lady, 27, is appointed to ICPC board

    “There was no casualty on the troops or the Civilian JTF,’’ Musa stated.

    He thanked people, who provided information that led to recent successes of the troops, pleading with the public to continue to report terrorists in their localities to army locations or other security agencies.

    Boko Haram fighters have waged a decade long war on Nigeria in a bid to carve out some areas of the country to enforce strict Islamic code.

    The war has claimed at least 28,000 people with millions forced to flee.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Oba Kehinde Falodun, the monarch of the Agamọ Community in the Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, was reportedly slain by suspected Terrorists.

    Terrorists kill 33 in fresh Kebbi attack

    Shehu Sani: E-transmission not enough for credible elections 

    Shehu Sani says e-transmission not enough for credible elections 

    EFCC docks two over alleged N143m fraud in Benin

    EFCC docks two over alleged N143m fraud in Benin

    Osinbajo hails Otti’s reforms in Abia

    Osinbajo hails Otti’s reforms in Abia

    SERAP asks court to strike out DSS N5.5bn suit

    SERAP asks court to strike out DSS N5.5bn suit

    NOA slams traders over Ramadan, Lent food price spike

    NOA slams traders over Ramadan, Lent food price spike

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Oba Kehinde Falodun, the monarch of the Agamọ Community in the Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, was reportedly slain by suspected Terrorists.

    Terrorists kill 33 in fresh Kebbi attack

    February 20, 2026
    Shehu Sani: E-transmission not enough for credible elections 

    Shehu Sani says e-transmission not enough for credible elections 

    February 20, 2026
    EFCC docks two over alleged N143m fraud in Benin

    EFCC docks two over alleged N143m fraud in Benin

    February 20, 2026
    Osinbajo hails Otti’s reforms in Abia

    Osinbajo hails Otti’s reforms in Abia

    February 20, 2026
    SERAP asks court to strike out DSS N5.5bn suit

    SERAP asks court to strike out DSS N5.5bn suit

    February 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.