Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours

    Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours

    May 20, 2026
    Daniel Bwala said that Peter Obi's success in the 2023 election, where he got over 6.1m votes, was largely due to religious discourse.

    Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists

    May 20, 2026
    Kano gov Yusuf suspends loan vendors after N1.8bn Illegal salary deductions

    Kano govt announces Sallah break for primary, secondary schools

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours
    • Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists
    • Kano govt announces Sallah break for primary, secondary schools
    • CBN retains 26.5% monetary policy rate
    • ASUU begins indefinite strike over welfare, agreement breach
    • Dowman makes history as youngest Premier League winner
    • Two-storey building collapses in Anambra
    • AEDC says prepaid meter bonus units are not free
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Wednesday, May 20
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Terrorists kidnap five university students in Katsina, one suspect arrested

    David GreatBy David GreatOctober 4, 2023No Comments1 Min Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Bandits kill worker, abduct farmer in Kwara midnight raid
    Bandits riding motorcycles
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Five female students from Katsina State’s Federal University Dutsin-Ma (FUDMA) have been abducted by suspected terrorists, with authorities reporting the arrest of one suspect in connection with the crime.

    The victims were allegedly taken from their home behind Mariamoh Ajiri Memorial International School on Tsaskiya Road.

    An eyewitness informed Chronicle NG that the students were abducted around 2:30 a.m. on Wednesday.

    “The terrorists invaded the students’ residential quarters which is located behind Mariamoh Ajiri International School in the early hours of today, resulting in the hoodlums abducting five female students of the University,” he stated.

    • NAF air strikes kill several terrorists in Borno

    When contacted by phone, ASP Abubakar Sadiq, the Police Spokesman, confirmed the event.

    He stated that one suspect had been apprehended in connection with the event and that the investigation was still ongoing in order to free the abductees from the clutches of the hoodlums.

    “Yes, it is true, the incident has taken place but we have already arrested one suspect for now in connection with the incident and we are investigating the incident to unravel the circumstances surrounding it please,” said Aliyu.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours

    Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours

    Daniel Bwala said that Peter Obi's success in the 2023 election, where he got over 6.1m votes, was largely due to religious discourse.

    Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists

    Kano gov Yusuf suspends loan vendors after N1.8bn Illegal salary deductions

    Kano govt announces Sallah break for primary, secondary schools

    The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has instructed banks to complete a mandatory cybersecurity self-assessment within three weeks

    CBN retains 26.5% monetary policy rate

    FG ASUU agreement: 10 key things you need to know

    ASUU begins indefinite strike over welfare, agreement breach

    FILE PHOTO: An aerial view of a collapsed building in Lagos

    Two-storey building collapses in Anambra

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours

    Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours

    May 20, 2026
    Daniel Bwala said that Peter Obi's success in the 2023 election, where he got over 6.1m votes, was largely due to religious discourse.

    Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists

    May 20, 2026
    Kano gov Yusuf suspends loan vendors after N1.8bn Illegal salary deductions

    Kano govt announces Sallah break for primary, secondary schools

    May 20, 2026
    The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has instructed banks to complete a mandatory cybersecurity self-assessment within three weeks

    CBN retains 26.5% monetary policy rate

    May 20, 2026
    FG ASUU agreement: 10 key things you need to know

    ASUU begins indefinite strike over welfare, agreement breach

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.