Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Gabon suspends social media amid 'fake news', rising unrest

    Gabon suspends social media amid ‘fake news’, rising unrest

    February 19, 2026
    Canada flags Nigeria, 16 African countries as high-risk in new travel advisory

    Canada updates express entry for foreign professionals

    February 19, 2026
    Yoon: South Korea’s ex-president indicted for abuse of power

    Yoon: Ex-South Korea leader bags life sentence over insurrection

    February 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Gabon suspends social media amid ‘fake news’, rising unrest
    • Canada updates express entry for foreign professionals
    • Yoon: Ex-South Korea leader bags life sentence over insurrection
    • Bolt reveals slain S’Africa-based Nigerian student worked illegally
    • Tinubu made Buhari, he can make an Igbo President too – Cubana Chief Priest
    • Vinicius gets support from football stars over racist abuse incident
    • US to withdraw all troops from Syria
    • Police deploy personnel ahead of FCT council elections
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Thursday, February 19
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Terrorists attack church, kill worshippers in Borno

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoJanuary 13, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Residents flee to Benin Republic as terrorists invade Niger again
    Terrorists
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Two worshippers were killed by suspected terrorists at Ekklesiyar Yanu’wa Church in Borno state’s Chibok Local Government Area. 

    ASP Nahum Daso, the police public relations officer for the Borno State Police Command, confirmed the attack on Monday and stated that the command has deployed surveillance and an armed team to restore trust among residents.

    He said, “We got a call from our Chibok Division. The report from them said the terrorist shot sporadically, and unfortunately, two persons died.

    “It was around 2 am; there was no worshipper in the church at the time of the attack. Aside from the church attack, they burnt down seven shops as part of their efforts to put fear in members of the public,“ he narrated.

    He went on to say that, in addition to the two deaths, two other people, Esther Yohanna and Ali Yohanna, were shot.

    “So far, we are keeping to the Inspector General of Police directive as regards the Ngazai attack. We have directed all human and logistics assets to be deployed to the axis (Chibok) to build confidence among people, “he added.

    According to a statement issued on Sunday evening by the media team of Chibok Local Government Chairman Mustapha Madu, the terrorists attacked at approximately 2:10 a.m. on Sunday.

    Mustapha Madu, Chairman of Chibom LGA, expressed condolences to the lost families and toured the burnt residences, shops, and the church auditorium.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Canada flags Nigeria, 16 African countries as high-risk in new travel advisory

    Canada updates express entry for foreign professionals

    Yoon: South Korea’s ex-president indicted for abuse of power

    Yoon: Ex-South Korea leader bags life sentence over insurrection

    Bolt has revealed that Isaac Satlat, the Nigerian student murdered by suspected carjackers in Pretoria, South Africa, was an illegal driver.

    Bolt reveals slain S’Africa-based Nigerian student worked illegally

    Tinubu made Buhari, he can make an Igbo President too – Cubana Chief Priest

    Tinubu made Buhari, he can make an Igbo President too – Cubana Chief Priest

    100 US troops arrive in Nigeria for counterterrorism support

    US to withdraw all troops from Syria

    Police deploy personnel ahead of FCT council elections

    Police deploy personnel ahead of FCT council elections

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Gabon suspends social media amid 'fake news', rising unrest

    Gabon suspends social media amid ‘fake news’, rising unrest

    February 19, 2026
    Canada flags Nigeria, 16 African countries as high-risk in new travel advisory

    Canada updates express entry for foreign professionals

    February 19, 2026
    Yoon: South Korea’s ex-president indicted for abuse of power

    Yoon: Ex-South Korea leader bags life sentence over insurrection

    February 19, 2026
    Bolt has revealed that Isaac Satlat, the Nigerian student murdered by suspected carjackers in Pretoria, South Africa, was an illegal driver.

    Bolt reveals slain S’Africa-based Nigerian student worked illegally

    February 19, 2026
    Tinubu made Buhari, he can make an Igbo President too – Cubana Chief Priest

    Tinubu made Buhari, he can make an Igbo President too – Cubana Chief Priest

    February 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.