Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Tinubu sets up national tax policy implementation committee

    Tinubu sets up national tax policy implementation committee

    November 29, 2025
    Court reserves judgment in Akpabio, Natasha’s appeals

    Court reserves judgment in Akpabio, Natasha’s appeals

    November 28, 2025
    Prof. Yemi Osinbajo speaking at The Hague’s Peace Palace on people-centred justice during HiiL’s Why Justice Matters event

    Osinbajo demands national strategy to address IDP crisis

    November 28, 2025
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Tinubu sets up national tax policy implementation committee
    • Court reserves judgment in Akpabio, Natasha’s appeals
    • Osinbajo demands national strategy to address IDP crisis
    • Russia threatens to ban WhatsApp
    • Tems reveals surprising career path she considered before music
    • Jonathan explains why he returned to Nigeria on Ivorian jet
    • NFF in fresh $960,000 FIFA Women World Cup scandal
    • Arteta believes Chelsea ‘fully deserving’ title rivals ahead of clash
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Saturday, November 29
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Starlink suspends subscription price hike over ‘regulatory challenges’

    Opalim LiftedBy Opalim LiftedOctober 25, 2024No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Starlink internet hardware
    Starlink internet hardware
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Starlink, a satellite internet service owned by Elon Musk, the richest man in the world, has temporarily suspended the increase in the monthly subscription for its Nigerian subscribers.

    The development comes nearly one month after the internet provider increased its standard package (residential) monthly subscription to N75,000, from N38,000 per month — an increase of 97.37 percent.

    Also, the cost of the hardware was increased from N440,000 to N590,000.

    Following the increase, the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) said the company did not receive its approval before reviewing its subscription.

    According to NCC, it had commenced a pre-enforcement action on Starlink.

    In a notice to customers on Thursday, Starlink said it has decided to put the increase on hold due to “regulatory challenges”.

    “Last month, we increased the monthly service price for Starlink in Nigeria to account for inflation, helping us maintain operations and continue delivering reliable service,” Starlink said.

    “Today, we are temporarily suspending this price increase as we navigate regulatory challenges.

    “If you’ve already been charged at the higher rate, a one-time credit will be applied to your account to cover the difference. You also have the flexibility to cancel your service at any time.

    “We remain committed to providing high-speed Internet in Nigeria, but we need regulatory support to make the improvements necessary for a better customer experience.

    “Without these approvals, our ability to continue delivering service is at risk.

    “Thank you for choosing Starlink and supporting our mission to bring affordable, high-speed internet to more people as many people around the world as possible.”

    Also, Chronicle NG observed that on its website, Starlink has reversed its standard residential plan to N38,000, and mobile regional plan to N50,000, from N167,000, but its hardware remained at N590,000.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Tinubu sets up national tax policy implementation committee

    Tinubu sets up national tax policy implementation committee

    Court reserves judgment in Akpabio, Natasha’s appeals

    Court reserves judgment in Akpabio, Natasha’s appeals

    Prof. Yemi Osinbajo speaking at The Hague’s Peace Palace on people-centred justice during HiiL’s Why Justice Matters event

    Osinbajo demands national strategy to address IDP crisis

    Russia to replace phone numbers with usernames

    Russia threatens to ban WhatsApp

    Jonathan returns to Nigeria after Guinea-Bissau military takeover

    Jonathan explains why he returned to Nigeria on Ivorian jet

    Damian Okoligwe, a 400-level UNIPORT student, has been sentenced to death by hanging for the murder of his girlfriend, Justina Otuene.

    Damian Okoligwe sentenced to death for killing girlfriend

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Tinubu sets up national tax policy implementation committee

    Tinubu sets up national tax policy implementation committee

    November 29, 2025
    Court reserves judgment in Akpabio, Natasha’s appeals

    Court reserves judgment in Akpabio, Natasha’s appeals

    November 28, 2025
    Prof. Yemi Osinbajo speaking at The Hague’s Peace Palace on people-centred justice during HiiL’s Why Justice Matters event

    Osinbajo demands national strategy to address IDP crisis

    November 28, 2025
    Russia to replace phone numbers with usernames

    Russia threatens to ban WhatsApp

    November 28, 2025

    Tems reveals surprising career path she considered before music

    November 28, 2025
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2025 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.