Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Pope Leo XIV arrives in Algeria for historic visit promoting interfaith dialogue

    Pope Leo blasts firms profiting from environmental pollution

    May 24, 2026
    El-Rufai court bail hearing in Abuja with strict DSS reporting and surety conditions outlined by the Federal High Court.

    Aichatou El-Rufai demands N2bn from ICPC over ‘wife of a defendant’ remark

    May 24, 2026
    Ireti Kingibe slams Wike, says ‘he’s out of touch, fuelling resentment in Abuja’

    2027: Ireti Kingibe wins ADC FCT Senate ticket

    May 24, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Pope Leo blasts firms profiting from environmental pollution
    • Aichatou El-Rufai demands N2bn from ICPC over ‘wife of a defendant’ remark
    • 2027: Ireti Kingibe wins ADC FCT Senate ticket
    • Usyk retains titles with controversial win against Verhoeven
    • Bangladesh’s ‘Donald Trump’ buffalo becomes Eid al-Adha attraction
    • Kane scores hat-trick as Bayern win German Cup
    • Barcelona thrash Lyon to win fourth Champions League title
    • EFCC warns leaders against looting public funds for luxury lifestyles
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Sunday, May 24
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Sokoto Attack: Death toll rises to 43

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorNovember 18, 2021No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Ibukunoluwa Otesile, abducted GO's daughter regains freedom
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Sokoto State Governor Aminu Tambuwal, has confirmed that 43 persons were killed during the attack by bandits in the state on Sunday night.

    The governor revealed this after his visit to Illela, one of the areas affected by the attack.

    A group of unidentified gunmen had attacked communities on Sunday night and Monday morning, killing many residents of the village in the process.

    Three days after the attack, Governor Tambuwal led members of the State Executive Council and security chiefs, as well as other top government officials on a condolence visit to the residents of the affected communities on Wednesday.

    Tambuwal who had earlier stated that 15 persons were confirmed killed by the assailants, later confirmed that the death toll had risen to 43.

    It was gathered that a District Head in one of the five villages attacked during the midnight raid was wounded.

    • Senate mourns over 120 Nigerians killed by bandits in Sokoto market

    While condoling with the people, Tambuwal described the attack as unfortunate, upsetting and disheartening.

    He commended the local government authorities, monarchs and community leaders for their lawful composition of a volunteer group working in tandem with the security operatives in the area.

    He said the state government will not support the constitution of illegitimate vigilante group working in disagreement with the joint operations of legitimately constituted volunteers, who work closely with and under the supervision of security agencies.

    He appealed to the people of the area not to be discouraged by the recent attack, but to be motivated and redouble their efforts, without seeking revenge, in securing their communities.

    The governor equally assured them of sustained government assistance whenever required while praying for the repose of the souls of the deceased.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Pope Leo XIV arrives in Algeria for historic visit promoting interfaith dialogue

    Pope Leo blasts firms profiting from environmental pollution

    El-Rufai court bail hearing in Abuja with strict DSS reporting and surety conditions outlined by the Federal High Court.

    Aichatou El-Rufai demands N2bn from ICPC over ‘wife of a defendant’ remark

    Ireti Kingibe slams Wike, says ‘he’s out of touch, fuelling resentment in Abuja’

    2027: Ireti Kingibe wins ADC FCT Senate ticket

    A sacrificial albino buffalo named after US President Donald Trump which recently went viral, is pictured at an agro farm ahead of Eid-al-Adha, in Narayanganj, Bangladesh.

    Bangladesh’s ‘Donald Trump’ buffalo becomes Eid al-Adha attraction

    EFCC anti-corruption infographic condemning leaders who loot public funds to buy private jets.

    EFCC warns leaders against looting public funds for luxury lifestyles

    Tinubu vows end to Plateau killings, orders 5,000-camera surveillance in Jos

    Tinubu to receive APC presidential ticket, flag on Sunday

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Pope Leo XIV arrives in Algeria for historic visit promoting interfaith dialogue

    Pope Leo blasts firms profiting from environmental pollution

    May 24, 2026
    El-Rufai court bail hearing in Abuja with strict DSS reporting and surety conditions outlined by the Federal High Court.

    Aichatou El-Rufai demands N2bn from ICPC over ‘wife of a defendant’ remark

    May 24, 2026
    Ireti Kingibe slams Wike, says ‘he’s out of touch, fuelling resentment in Abuja’

    2027: Ireti Kingibe wins ADC FCT Senate ticket

    May 24, 2026
    Usyk retains titles with controversial win against Verhoeven

    Usyk retains titles with controversial win against Verhoeven

    May 24, 2026
    A sacrificial albino buffalo named after US President Donald Trump which recently went viral, is pictured at an agro farm ahead of Eid-al-Adha, in Narayanganj, Bangladesh.

    Bangladesh’s ‘Donald Trump’ buffalo becomes Eid al-Adha attraction

    May 24, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.