Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    INEC: We’ll review court verdict on 2027 election timetable before taking action

    INEC: We’ll review court verdict on 2027 election timetable before taking action

    May 23, 2026
    Three dead as WHO investigates Hantavirus outbreak on cruise ship

    WHO loses member country as Argentina quits

    May 23, 2026
    Tinubu meets Mutfwang at Aso Rock over Plateau killings

    2027: Plateau gov wins APC governorship primaries

    May 23, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • INEC: We’ll review court verdict on 2027 election timetable before taking action
    • WHO loses member country as Argentina quits
    • 2027: Plateau gov wins APC governorship primaries
    • Obi denies running from Atiku ahead 2027 election
    • Adelabu loses APC gov ticket in Oyo after quitting as minister
    • ‘I’m running to win’, Sowore declares 2027 presidential ambition
    • NNPCL opposes Dangote refinery suit, warns against ‘monopoly control’ of fuel market
    • US cracks down on non-consensual AI-generated intimate images
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Saturday, May 23
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Seventh victim of Cyprus serial killer found

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorJune 13, 2019No Comments1 Min Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    17-year-old teenager shoots three in New York City's Times Square
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    Police has warned that there is multiple fatalities at an entertainment complex in Jacksonville, Florida

    Police in Cyprus have discovered the seventh victim of what is believed to be the island’s first serial killer.

    The body of six-year-old Sierra Granze was found at the bottom of lake Memi, southwest of the capital Nicosia.

    “Human remains have been found and forensic pathologists are on the scene,” a police spokesman said.

    An army captain, identified as Nikos Metaxas, was arrested in April on suspicion of the killings.

    Metaxas was taken to the lake after he gave more detailed information about how he disposed of the body, the Cyrus newspaper Philenews reported.

    READ: Buhari hails INEC, security agencies for free, fair elections

    He had previously admitted to throwing the child’s body in the lake after murdering her mother Mary Rose Tiburcio.

    Mataxas is believed to have killed five adult women – all foreign workers – and the young daughters of two of the victims. It is thought that all of his victims have now been found.

    Cypriot authorities are facing accusations of not fully investigating when the women were first reported missing.

    The case has also raised questions over the conditions that housemaids work under in Cyprus, which some critics have described as akin to modern slavery.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    INEC: We’ll review court verdict on 2027 election timetable before taking action

    INEC: We’ll review court verdict on 2027 election timetable before taking action

    Three dead as WHO investigates Hantavirus outbreak on cruise ship

    WHO loses member country as Argentina quits

    Tinubu meets Mutfwang at Aso Rock over Plateau killings

    2027: Plateau gov wins APC governorship primaries

    Peter Obi reacts to the kidnapping of students in Borno and Oyo states, describing the attacks as a threat to Nigeria’s future and education sector.

    Obi denies running from Atiku ahead 2027 election

    Former Minister of Power Adebayo Adelabu, who resigned to contest the Oyo governorship primaries, has failed to clinch the ticket of the All Progressives Congress, APC.

    Adelabu loses APC gov ticket in Oyo after quitting as minister

    AAC’s Sowore says he is running to win in 2027

    ‘I’m running to win’, Sowore declares 2027 presidential ambition

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    INEC: We’ll review court verdict on 2027 election timetable before taking action

    INEC: We’ll review court verdict on 2027 election timetable before taking action

    May 23, 2026
    Three dead as WHO investigates Hantavirus outbreak on cruise ship

    WHO loses member country as Argentina quits

    May 23, 2026
    Tinubu meets Mutfwang at Aso Rock over Plateau killings

    2027: Plateau gov wins APC governorship primaries

    May 23, 2026
    Peter Obi reacts to the kidnapping of students in Borno and Oyo states, describing the attacks as a threat to Nigeria’s future and education sector.

    Obi denies running from Atiku ahead 2027 election

    May 23, 2026
    Former Minister of Power Adebayo Adelabu, who resigned to contest the Oyo governorship primaries, has failed to clinch the ticket of the All Progressives Congress, APC.

    Adelabu loses APC gov ticket in Oyo after quitting as minister

    May 23, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.