Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Michael Oyedokun: Terrorists behead abducted Oyo teacher

    Oyo suspends excursions, field trips, as slain teacher laid to rest

    May 22, 2026
    Azpilicueta to retire at end of season

    Chelsea legend Azpilicueta to retire from football at end of season

    May 22, 2026
    Baba Malam Wali wins APC governorship ticket in Yobe

    Baba Malam Wali wins APC governorship ticket in Yobe

    May 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Oyo suspends excursions, field trips, as slain teacher laid to rest
    • Chelsea legend Azpilicueta to retire from football at end of season
    • Baba Malam Wali wins APC governorship ticket in Yobe
    • Alvaro Arbeloa confirms Real Madrid departure
    • Man United confirm Carrick as permanent head coach until 2028
    • Manchester City confirm Pep Guardiola’s exit
    • Man City confirm Guardiola exit after trophy-filled 10-year reign
    • Irate mob sets Ebola hospital on fire in DR Congo
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Friday, May 22
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Rivers police arrest couple over alleged rape, assault of minor

    David GreatBy David GreatJanuary 2, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Jafar Musa, 18, a citizen of Niger State, killed Seyi Simon, a 25-year-old student of the Federal University of Education, Niger state.
    Nigeria Police Force Badge
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Police Command in Rivers State has confirmed the arrest of a couple for allegedly raping and beating a 13-year-old girl in their residence in Port Harcourt.

    The command’s spokesperson, SP Grace Iringe-Koko, disclosed this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria in Port Harcourt on Thursday.

    NAN reports that the wife was said to have stripped the teenager and inserted pepper into her private part after accusing her of having sexual intercourse with her husband.

    Iringe-Koko stated that the suspects had been arrested and transferred to the State Criminal Investigations and Intelligence Department for investigation and possible prosecution.

    Goodness, the mother of the teenager, whose full name was withheld to avoid stigmatisation, recounted the incident to NAN.

    • 140 FCT police operatives killed, N409m recovered from criminals in 2024

    A resident of Rupokwu town in Obio/Akpor Local Government Area, Goodness, revealed that the assault on her daughter occurred on the evening of December 29, 2024.

    She explained that when she was alerted by neighbours about the attack on her daughter by a neighbour, she immediately closed her shop and rushed home.

    “Before I got home, neighbours had already rescued my daughter from the wife’s assault.

    “My daughter was still writhing in pain from the beating and the pepper applied to her body and private area,” she said.

    Goodness said that after her daughter felt relieved, she revealed that on December 25, 2024, a female neighbour, who is a friend of the wife took her to the house.

    She said that on that fateful day, the man sent his wife and her friend on an errand, leaving the teenager alone with him in the house.

    The distraught mother reported that after the two women had left the apartment, the man attacked her daughter and allegedly raped her multiple times, threatening her to remain silent.

    “After he raped her, he told my daughter to leave his house.

    “My daughter returned home afterwards but did not report what had transpired, probably due to the threat from the man,” she added.

    Goodnews further stated that on December 29, 2024, the wife visited her shop and asked the teenager to follow her to her apartment and assist her with house chores.

    “It was on getting there that she accused my daughter of sleeping with her husband, stripped her naked, poured pepper on her, and inserted the same in her vagina.

    “She then dragged my daughter outside and flogged her mercilessly with a machete, while neighbours recorded the attack,” she said.

    The teary mother demanded justice for her traumatised daughter.

    NAN reports the couple spent the new year in custody while their children, aged four and two, had been placed in the care of relatives.

    Meanwhile, Prince Wiro, the National Coordinator of the Centre for Basic Rights Protection and Accountability Campaign, has condemned the alleged torture of the minor, calling it inhumane and barbaric.

    “We have spoken with the teenager and observed the bruises and wounds on her body. We demand a thorough investigation by the police.

    “The man must be held accountable for the allegations, while anyone else found responsible should be prosecuted,” Wiro said.

    NAN

     

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Michael Oyedokun: Terrorists behead abducted Oyo teacher

    Oyo suspends excursions, field trips, as slain teacher laid to rest

    Baba Malam Wali wins APC governorship ticket in Yobe

    Baba Malam Wali wins APC governorship ticket in Yobe

    Irate mob sets Ebola hospital on fire in DR Congo

    Irate mob sets Ebola hospital on fire in DR Congo

    Kaduna State Governor Uba Sani addressing judiciary staff union leaders during a meeting at Sir Kashim Ibrahim House in Kaduna.

    JUST IN: Sani approves nearly N1bn for Kaduna workers’ entitlements

    Trump : You're on your own, US tells citizens in Israel amid Middle East tensions 

    Trump sends 5000 US troops to Poland, NATO gives nod

    Nigerians reacting on social media to the appointment of Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar announced by President Tinubu.

    Mixed reactions trail JAMB registrar Segun Aina appointment

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Michael Oyedokun: Terrorists behead abducted Oyo teacher

    Oyo suspends excursions, field trips, as slain teacher laid to rest

    May 22, 2026
    Azpilicueta to retire at end of season

    Chelsea legend Azpilicueta to retire from football at end of season

    May 22, 2026
    Baba Malam Wali wins APC governorship ticket in Yobe

    Baba Malam Wali wins APC governorship ticket in Yobe

    May 22, 2026
    Alvaro Arbeloa appointed as Real Madrid head coach after Alonso exit

    Alvaro Arbeloa confirms Real Madrid departure

    May 22, 2026
    Man United confirm Carrick as permanent manager

    Man United confirm Carrick as permanent head coach until 2028

    May 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.