Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    How Ogun teacher abducted, killed WASSCE candidate, spent ransom on sports betting

    How Ogun teacher abducted, killed WASSCE candidate, spent ransom on sports betting

    May 23, 2026
    Colombia mine explosion kills nine

    Gas explosion kills 82 in China coal mine

    May 23, 2026
    Rotimi Amaechi

    Amaechi accuses Tinubu of creating hunger to bribe voters with rice

    May 23, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • How Ogun teacher abducted, killed WASSCE candidate, spent ransom on sports betting
    • Gas explosion kills 82 in China coal mine
    • Amaechi accuses Tinubu of creating hunger to bribe voters with rice
    • Amaechi declares self most qualified ADC presidential aspirant
    • Shan George to Chike: Sleeping with another man’s wife attracts curses, apologise to Frank Edoho
    • Amaechi claims he made Buhari president, rules out Tinubu’s role
    • Terrorists allegedly open talks with Makinde over Oyo school abduction
    • Trump orders Nigerians, others to apply for green cards from home countries
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Saturday, May 23
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    BREAKING: Prince Charles tests positive for coronavirus

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorMarch 25, 2020No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    King Charles hosts Nigerians in diaspora ahead of Tinubu’s visit
    King Charles III
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Prince of Wales has tested positive for coronavirus, Clarence House has confirmed.

    Prince Charles, 71, is displaying mild symptoms “but otherwise remains in good health”, a spokesman said.

    The Duchess of Cornwall has also been tested but does not have the virus.

    Clarence House said Charles and Camilla were now self-isolating in Balmoral in Scotland, adding it was “not possible to ascertain from whom the prince caught the virus”.

    An official statement read: “In accordance with government and medical advice, the prince and the duchess are now self-isolating at home in Scotland.

    “The tests were carried out by the NHS in Aberdeenshire, where they met the criteria required for testing.

    • Osinbajo tests negative for coronavirus

    “It is not possible to ascertain from whom the prince caught the virus owing to the high number of engagements he carried out in his public role during recent weeks.”

    The duke and duchess arrived in Scotland on Sunday. Charles had been displaying mild symptoms over the weekend and was tested by the NHS in Aberdeenshire on Monday.

    The results came through on Tuesday night, showing he was positive.

    Charles is still working, is up and about and in good spirits.

    The 71-year-old heir to the throne last saw the Queen briefly on the 12 March. Three days earlier, mother and son had more protracted contact during the Commonwealth Day Service.

    It is important to re-emphasise the Queen is in good health. She moved to Windsor last week, with the Duke of Edinburgh who came from his usual residence at Sandringham in Norfolk.

    Given their age, 93 and 98 respectively, there will be particular care taken that they are not jeopardised by this virus.

    Prince Charles and Camilla will be following governmental advice and isolating separately. It’s not a huge house but certainly big enough to isolate yourself within it.

    They’ve got a small staff with them – and it’s expected Charles will now be in Scotland for a couple of weeks recovering from the symptoms.

    Charles has been working from home over the last few days, and has held a number of private meetings with Highgrove and Duchy of Cornwall individuals, all of whom have been made aware.

    A number of household staff at Birkhall – the prince’s residence on the Balmoral estate – are now self-isolating at their own homes.

    A palace source said the prince has spoken to both the Queen and his sons – the Dukes of Cambridge and Sussex – and is in good spirits.

    According to the latest Department of Health and Social Care figures, there are now more than 8,000 confirmed cases of coronavirus in the UK – although the actual number cases is likely to be far higher. Some 422 of those patients have died.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    How Ogun teacher abducted, killed WASSCE candidate, spent ransom on sports betting

    How Ogun teacher abducted, killed WASSCE candidate, spent ransom on sports betting

    Colombia mine explosion kills nine

    Gas explosion kills 82 in China coal mine

    Rotimi Amaechi

    Amaechi accuses Tinubu of creating hunger to bribe voters with rice

    ADC south-south backs Amaechi for 2027 presidency

    Amaechi declares self most qualified ADC presidential aspirant

    Shan George to Chike: Sleeping with another man’s wife attracts curses, apologise to Frank Edoho

    Shan George to Chike: Sleeping with another man’s wife attracts curses, apologise to Frank Edoho

    Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi has been conferred with the Dan Amana title by the Emir of Daura on Saturday

    Amaechi claims he made Buhari president, rules out Tinubu’s role

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    How Ogun teacher abducted, killed WASSCE candidate, spent ransom on sports betting

    How Ogun teacher abducted, killed WASSCE candidate, spent ransom on sports betting

    May 23, 2026
    Colombia mine explosion kills nine

    Gas explosion kills 82 in China coal mine

    May 23, 2026
    Rotimi Amaechi

    Amaechi accuses Tinubu of creating hunger to bribe voters with rice

    May 23, 2026
    ADC south-south backs Amaechi for 2027 presidency

    Amaechi declares self most qualified ADC presidential aspirant

    May 23, 2026
    Shan George to Chike: Sleeping with another man’s wife attracts curses, apologise to Frank Edoho

    Shan George to Chike: Sleeping with another man’s wife attracts curses, apologise to Frank Edoho

    May 23, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.