Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    May 20, 2026
    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    May 20, 2026
    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president
    • Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges
    • Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws
    • DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West
    • Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary
    • Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears
    • Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours
    • Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Thursday, May 21
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Police arrest three over killing of Ondo driver

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoMay 24, 2024No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Jafar Musa, 18, a citizen of Niger State, killed Seyi Simon, a 25-year-old student of the Federal University of Education, Niger state.
    Nigeria Police Force Badge
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    No fewer than three people have been arrested by the Ondo State Police Command in connection with the alleged killing of a man, Adewale Olowolafe.

    Omolafe was reportedly killed by the suspects along Ijare Road in Akure, the state capital, on Wednesday.

    According to reports, the suspects were security guards in the area.

    An eyewitness who spoke on the condition of anonymity, because he was not permitted to speak to the media stated that the suspects allegedly beat the deceased during a fight with an iron rod, leading to his death.

    The witness also revealed that the mastermind of the killing was a female who had also been arrested by the police.

    The eyewitness said, “The deceased was from Ijare; he was a driver and was killed yesterday (Wednesday) afternoon by some private security guards along Ijare Road. The boy was hacked to death by the guards for no justifiable reason.

    “The guy was equally hit with hot iron and sticks. The killing was masterminded by a woman. The deceased was going about his normal daily activities when the attackers pounced on him.

    ”Some people selling maize around the area offered the suspects firewood, with which the attackers hit the deceased.”

    The state police public relations officer, Mrs. Funmilayo Odunlami, confirmed the incident and the suspects’ arrest.

    She disclosed that the matter had been transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department for further investigation.

    “Three persons have been arrested, and the matter has been transferred to the SCID for further investigation. I will give more details as soon as I get them,” the PPRO stated.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    DHQ dismisses fears of terrorist stronghold after Oyo school attacks

    DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West

    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary

    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    May 20, 2026
    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    May 20, 2026
    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    May 20, 2026
    DHQ dismisses fears of terrorist stronghold after Oyo school attacks

    DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West

    May 20, 2026
    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.