Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    DHQ dismisses fears of terrorist stronghold after Oyo school attacks

    DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West

    May 20, 2026
    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary

    May 20, 2026
    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West
    • Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary
    • Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears
    • Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours
    • Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists
    • Kano govt announces Sallah break for primary, secondary schools
    • CBN retains 26.5% monetary policy rate
    • ASUU begins indefinite strike over welfare, agreement breach
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Wednesday, May 20
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Police arrest 4 herders for raping minors

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorJanuary 21, 2020No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Plateau youths raise alarm over fresh terror attacks
    A herder with flocks
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The police in Jos on Tuesday arrested four cattle herders; Hamisu Mohammed, 18, Rayanu Mohammed, 15, Mustapha Yunusa, 15, and Abbas Salisu, 17, for raping four female minors.

    The suspects, all of Manger Village in Bokkos Local Government Area of Plateau, are being held for rape at the State Criminal Investigation Division.

    The charge sheet said, the suspects in the course of tending to their flock in the bush, accosted the sisters who were on their way home and raped them.

    According to the statement from one of the victims, she said; she and her 3 sisters were walking home when the ‘Fulani’ boys accosted them and threatened them with sticks.

    She said when they tried to resist them; the boys beat them with the sticks, injured them and later took turns to rape all of them.

    • Supreme Court affirms Fintiri as Adamawa governor

    She added that after the rape, she and her sisters ran to a nearby village called Luwapam and raised alarm after which the boys got arrested by villagers.

    The suspects, in their statement to the police, admitted to raping the sisters stating that they all conspired to rape the girls.

    One of the suspects, Hamisu Mohammed, stated in his statement, that they were ‘sexually charged’ on sighting the girls and so immediately resorted to raping them as there was nothing they could do at that moment to ease their urge.

    The police prosecutor, Insp. E.A Inegbenoise, who confirmed the arrest, said that the suspects had already been charged and would soon appear in court.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    DHQ dismisses fears of terrorist stronghold after Oyo school attacks

    DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West

    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary

    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours

    Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours

    Daniel Bwala said that Peter Obi's success in the 2023 election, where he got over 6.1m votes, was largely due to religious discourse.

    Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists

    Kano gov Yusuf suspends loan vendors after N1.8bn Illegal salary deductions

    Kano govt announces Sallah break for primary, secondary schools

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    DHQ dismisses fears of terrorist stronghold after Oyo school attacks

    DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West

    May 20, 2026
    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary

    May 20, 2026
    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    May 20, 2026
    Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours

    Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours

    May 20, 2026
    Daniel Bwala said that Peter Obi's success in the 2023 election, where he got over 6.1m votes, was largely due to religious discourse.

    Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.