Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Jonathan wins 2025 Sunhak Peace Prize

    PDP grants Jonathan waiver, clears him for presidential race

    May 19, 2026
    Sunday Igboho backs Kemi Badenoch, tells Shettima to focus on Nigeria’s 

    Igboho expresses readiness to combat terrorists in south-west

    May 19, 2026
    Jonathan: Abaribe urges Gowon to 'write his own book, reveal truth about 1966 coup'

    Gowon reaffirms love for Nigeria in autobiography ‘My Life of Duty & Allegiance’

    May 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • PDP grants Jonathan waiver, clears him for presidential race
    • Igboho expresses readiness to combat terrorists in south-west
    • Gowon reaffirms love for Nigeria in autobiography ‘My Life of Duty & Allegiance’
    • Ebola deaths in Congo rise to 131 amid outbreak
    • DHQ confirms over 20 terrorists killed in coordinated US-Nigeria operation
    • JUST IN: EFCC arrests convicted ex-power minister Mamman in Kaduna
    • Adimike Godwin: NYSC member kills father in Abuja
    • Pereira: Nigerian athlete killed in US days before MBA graduation
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Tuesday, May 19
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Pastor imprisons children, defiles 12-year-old daughter in Anambra

    Opalim LiftedBy Opalim LiftedMarch 25, 2023No Comments4 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    China sentences ex-defence ministers to death over corruption
    Court
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Arinze Obiwenite, a fake Pastor has been arrested for allegedly defiling his 12-year-old daughter.

    Obiwente was arrested during a raid on his home in Abacha community, Idemili North Local Government Area of Anambra State, on a tip from a whistleblower.

    Mrs Ify Obinabo, the state commissioner for Women and Social Welfare, was said to have led the raid on the accused’s home, where the 12-year-old girl and her other siblings were rescued.

    According to reports, the suspect had his children locked up in the room for five years and was allegedly having carnal knowledge of the 12-year-old while fingering the younger ones.

    The media assistant to the commissioner, Miss Chidinma Ikeanyionwu, disclosed these to journalists in a statement on Saturday.

    According to her, the commissioner first paid a courtesy visit to the Traditional Ruler of Abacha community, Igwe Nwabunwanne Odiegwu, to notify the monarch before embarking on the mission.

    She said, “It was during the visit to the monarch that it was revealed that the suspect had been parading himself as a Christian who gives solutions to people seeking for answers without knowing that he has other motives up his sleeves.

    “The traditional ruler explained that the community got to know of the suspect’s escapades when he accused some young boys in the community of raping the daughter.

    “The suspect was summoned to the palace on several occasions but failed to honour the royal invitation which made the youths of the community troop out en masse to his residence and on getting to his house, they discovered that he locked up his children including the 12-year-old.

    “When questioned, the daughter revealed that the father locked them up in the room for five years and that he always had carnal knowledge of her while he fingers the younger ones.

    “Upon interrogation, the suspect stated that he is married to 11 wives, but does not live with any of them at the moment.”

    • Father molests 18-year-old daughter inside his shop

    Speaking on the development, the traditional prime minister of the community, Chief Paul Omofia, explained that the youths had wanted to take laws into their hands by burning the man alive, after discovering his illicit acts, but the monarch intervened.

    Omofia also noted that the incident happened a few weeks after their Ofala festival where they called on the gods of the land to expose any evil doer in the community.

    The commissioner, after examining the children, vowed to ensure justice and also offer them a conducive environment for growth and proper care.

    When interrogated, the suspects were said to have denied all the allegations levelled against him, but pleaded with the monarch to forgive him and help find a way of resolving the issue without going to court, a plea which the monarch blatantly refused.

    Some items said to have been discovered at the suspect’s residence included a long list of paper where he wrote down names of those he has killed and will kill, a hollow grave at his backyard where he admitted he stays to make his incantations if need be and some native medicines which he said were also diabolic.

    He was also made to break the oath binding him and his three wives during the period of their marriages.

    According to the statement, the suspect has been arrested by the police and transferred to the state criminal investigative department in Awka.

    He was arraigned before the Children, Sexual and Gender Based Violence Magistrate court in Awka on March 23, where he was remanded at the Correctional Centre Amawbia, while the daughter has been taken to an undisclosed hospital for medical examination and possible treatment.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Jonathan wins 2025 Sunhak Peace Prize

    PDP grants Jonathan waiver, clears him for presidential race

    Sunday Igboho backs Kemi Badenoch, tells Shettima to focus on Nigeria’s 

    Igboho expresses readiness to combat terrorists in south-west

    Jonathan: Abaribe urges Gowon to 'write his own book, reveal truth about 1966 coup'

    Gowon reaffirms love for Nigeria in autobiography ‘My Life of Duty & Allegiance’

    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    Ebola deaths in Congo rise to 131 amid outbreak

    DHQ confirms over 20 terrorists killed in coordinated US-Nigeria operation

    DHQ confirms over 20 terrorists killed in coordinated US-Nigeria operation

    Former Power Minister Saleh Mamman arrested by EFCC operatives in Kaduna after corruption conviction and sentencing.

    JUST IN: EFCC arrests convicted ex-power minister Mamman in Kaduna

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Jonathan wins 2025 Sunhak Peace Prize

    PDP grants Jonathan waiver, clears him for presidential race

    May 19, 2026
    Sunday Igboho backs Kemi Badenoch, tells Shettima to focus on Nigeria’s 

    Igboho expresses readiness to combat terrorists in south-west

    May 19, 2026
    Jonathan: Abaribe urges Gowon to 'write his own book, reveal truth about 1966 coup'

    Gowon reaffirms love for Nigeria in autobiography ‘My Life of Duty & Allegiance’

    May 19, 2026
    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    Ebola deaths in Congo rise to 131 amid outbreak

    May 19, 2026
    DHQ confirms over 20 terrorists killed in coordinated US-Nigeria operation

    DHQ confirms over 20 terrorists killed in coordinated US-Nigeria operation

    May 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.