Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Alvaro Arbeloa appointed as Real Madrid head coach after Alonso exit

    Alvaro Arbeloa confirms Real Madrid departure

    May 22, 2026
    Man United confirm Carrick as permanent manager

    Man United confirm Carrick as permanent head coach until 2028

    May 22, 2026
    Manchester City confirm Pep Guardiola's exit

    Manchester City confirm Pep Guardiola’s exit

    May 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Alvaro Arbeloa confirms Real Madrid departure
    • Man United confirm Carrick as permanent head coach until 2028
    • Manchester City confirm Pep Guardiola’s exit
    • Man City confirm Guardiola exit after trophy-filled 10-year reign
    • Irate mob sets Ebola hospital on fire in DR Congo
    • JUST IN: Sani approves nearly N1bn for Kaduna workers’ entitlements
    • Trump sends 5000 US troops to Poland, NATO gives nod
    • Mixed reactions trail JAMB registrar Segun Aina appointment
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Friday, May 22
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Osarobo and Precious Izekor in UK court on slavery charges

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorMay 4, 2019No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    The court heard the alleged offence spanned the months between December 2016 and September 2017 (Liam McBurney/ PA)
    The court heard the alleged offence spanned the months between December 2016 and September 2017 (Liam McBurney/ PA)
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    The court heard the alleged offence spanned the months between December 2016 and September 2017 (Liam McBurney/ PA)
    The court heard the alleged offence spanned the months between December 2016 and September 2017 (Liam McBurney/ PA)

    A pregnant mother-of-two has been remanded in custody after appearing in court accused of a human trafficking charge.

    Precious Izekor, 25, of Castlereagh Place, Belfast, has been charged with requiring another person to perform forced or compulsory labour.

    She was led into the dock at Belfast Magistrates’ Court on Friday morning after being arrested in Scotland on Tuesday.

    She indicated that she understood the charge when it was put to her.

    Izekor’s court appearance comes days after her husband, Osarobo Izekor, 33, of the same address, was the first person to be charged with such an offence in Northern Ireland.

    The alleged offence spanned the months between December 2016 and September 2017.

    On Friday morning, the court heard that Izekor is a naturalised UK citizen who is originally from Sierra Leone, and has family in Nigeria.

    She had been at her mother’s address in Scotland when she was arrested.

    A Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI) detective said he believes he can connect Izekor with the charge.

    He told the court that, if found guilty, police believe she will face a lengthy custodial sentence.

    Opposing bail, the detective voiced concerns of a flight risk, telling the court the defendant has access to £18,000.

    He also said police believe Izekor would attempt to interfere with witnesses, and to make contact with the victim – described as a vulnerable adult – or the victim’s relatives.

    He added that the victim and the two accused were from “different ends of the social scale”.

    “The victim has family in Nigeria, from an extremely poor and impoverished background,” he said, adding that the victim fears they were transferred from one family to another and fears being taken back to Nigeria and to poverty.

    READ: Boeing 737 plane skids off runway into water in Florida

    Izekor’s defence barrister revealed to the court that the defendant is currently pregnant and is the mother of two children.

    He said she denies the allegations, adding that she has limited knowledge of any relationship between her in-laws and the complainant.

    Making an application for bail, the barrister suggested a number of safeguards, including a curfew, electronic tagging, reporting to police and passport surrender.

    However, district judge Fiona Bagnall denied bail and instead remanded Izekor in custody to appear again on May 31.

    The husband and wife were arrested after a lengthy investigation by the PSNI’s Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Unit.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Irate mob sets Ebola hospital on fire in DR Congo

    Irate mob sets Ebola hospital on fire in DR Congo

    Kaduna State Governor Uba Sani addressing judiciary staff union leaders during a meeting at Sir Kashim Ibrahim House in Kaduna.

    JUST IN: Sani approves nearly N1bn for Kaduna workers’ entitlements

    Trump : You're on your own, US tells citizens in Israel amid Middle East tensions 

    Trump sends 5000 US troops to Poland, NATO gives nod

    Nigerians reacting on social media to the appointment of Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar announced by President Tinubu.

    Mixed reactions trail JAMB registrar Segun Aina appointment

    The Governor of Benue State, Hyacinth Alia, has expressed deep sorrow over the death of ten people in a tragic accident in the Okete community, Ohimini Local Government Area.

    Alia wins Benue APC governorship primary election

    RCMP tactical armoured vehicle and heavily armed officers outside a Spencer Street home during a police raid in downtown St. John’s.

    Police deploy flash bangs, armoured vehicle in St. John’s drug raid

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Alvaro Arbeloa appointed as Real Madrid head coach after Alonso exit

    Alvaro Arbeloa confirms Real Madrid departure

    May 22, 2026
    Man United confirm Carrick as permanent manager

    Man United confirm Carrick as permanent head coach until 2028

    May 22, 2026
    Manchester City confirm Pep Guardiola's exit

    Manchester City confirm Pep Guardiola’s exit

    May 22, 2026
    Manchester City confirm Pep Guardiola's exit

    Man City confirm Guardiola exit after trophy-filled 10-year reign

    May 22, 2026
    Irate mob sets Ebola hospital on fire in DR Congo

    Irate mob sets Ebola hospital on fire in DR Congo

    May 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.