Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Southampton had been looking for an immediate return to the Premier League having been relegated at the end of the 2024-25 season

    FA opens Southampton investigation over Spygate

    May 21, 2026
    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139

    May 21, 2026
    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • FA opens Southampton investigation over Spygate
    • WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139
    • Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty
    • Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar
    • Tinubu: Fuel subsidy, forex cabals behind rising insecurity
    • NDLEA busts N480bn methamphetamine lab in Ogun, arrests three Mexicans
    • Big Wiz: Wizkid becomes first African artiste to reach 11bn Spotify streams
    • NLC warns ‘no community is safe anymore’ after Oyo abduction
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Thursday, May 21
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    No room for rigging in Edo, Obaseki warns

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorJuly 30, 2020No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo State is seeking a second term in office
    Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo State
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo State has spoken on the preparation for the September 19 poll, saying that the All Progressives Congress (APC) has started indulging in violence.

    He raised the alarm that the opposition party is desperate to return to power, which it lost to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), following his defection from the APC.

    Obaseki warned against rigging, vowing to resist malpractices during the election.

    “Nobody can rig in Edo State. Edo will not allow rigging,” he said.

    The governor said he lacked capacity for thuggery, warning violent elements planning mayhem during the election to desist.

    He spoke with reporters in Lagos on his achievements in the last three and half years, electoral promises and brewing tension ahead of the poll.

    The governor was accompanied by his media adviser, Crusoe Osagie.

    Obaseki said: “I sm a successful governor who has worked in the last four years. I don’t need a job. I can afford to walk away. But, I have to defend millions of our people.”

    • Obaseki’s campaign director Iyoha, 2 others quit

    Read Also: Ondo APC primary: Intrigues that gave Akeredolu victory
    He said he had focused on the repositioning of Edo State, stressing that his efforts have yielded dividends for the people.

    The governor said: “We are talking less and working more. We are deviating from the style and pattern of old politics.”

    Obaseki said massive infrastructural development, increased internally generated revenue and regular payment of salaries have not been compromised.

    The governor said his infrastructure battle has opened up the state and attracted investors.

    He explained that he stepped on toes by rejecting the notion of ownership of Edo by the privileged few who are oblivious of the plight of the masses.

    In his view, some charlatans who have not worked in their life were peddling falsehoods about his administration.

    He said the state is not meant for politicians alone, but for the masses who deserve more dividends of democracy.

    The governor drew attention to his educational programmes, which he said, has been lauded for its impact on pupils and the school system.

    He said the programmes have turned around basic education and enhance teacher training, stressing that parents now move their children from private to public schools.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    President Bola Tinubu speaking at a public event in Nigeria, representing federal government economic policy announcements.

    Tinubu: Fuel subsidy, forex cabals behind rising insecurity

    NDLEA operatives at a clandestine methamphetamine laboratory uncovered in Ogun forest with seized chemical substances and suspects.

    NDLEA busts N480bn methamphetamine lab in Ogun, arrests three Mexicans

    NLC warns ‘no community is safe anymore’ after Oyo abduction

    NLC warns ‘no community is safe anymore’ after Oyo abduction

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Southampton had been looking for an immediate return to the Premier League having been relegated at the end of the 2024-25 season

    FA opens Southampton investigation over Spygate

    May 21, 2026
    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139

    May 21, 2026
    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    May 21, 2026
    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    May 21, 2026
    President Bola Tinubu speaking at a public event in Nigeria, representing federal government economic policy announcements.

    Tinubu: Fuel subsidy, forex cabals behind rising insecurity

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.