Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Michael Oyedokun: Terrorists behead abducted Oyo teacher

    Oyo suspends excursions, field trips, as slain teacher laid to rest

    May 22, 2026
    Azpilicueta to retire at end of season

    Chelsea legend Azpilicueta to retire from football at end of season

    May 22, 2026
    Baba Malam Wali wins APC governorship ticket in Yobe

    Baba Malam Wali wins APC governorship ticket in Yobe

    May 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Oyo suspends excursions, field trips, as slain teacher laid to rest
    • Chelsea legend Azpilicueta to retire from football at end of season
    • Baba Malam Wali wins APC governorship ticket in Yobe
    • Alvaro Arbeloa confirms Real Madrid departure
    • Man United confirm Carrick as permanent head coach until 2028
    • Manchester City confirm Pep Guardiola’s exit
    • Man City confirm Guardiola exit after trophy-filled 10-year reign
    • Irate mob sets Ebola hospital on fire in DR Congo
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Friday, May 22
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Nine killed, many others injured in fresh Zamfara attack

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorNovember 13, 2021No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Ibukunoluwa Otesile, abducted GO's daughter regains freedom
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Not less than nine persons have been reportedly killed by bandits who attacked Tungar Ruwa Village located in Anka Local Government Area of Zamfara State.

    Reports say that the gunmen also rustled livestock, looted shops, carting away foodstuff and other valuables.

    The assailants stormed the community on Wednesday night shooting sporadically which led to the death of nine villagers, while many others were left injured.

    The grim incident was confirmed on Friday night by the spokesperson of the Zamfara State Police Command, Mohammed Shehu.

    Shehu assured that tactical security operatives had been deployed to the area to go after the bandits and to forestall subsequent attacks.

    He urged citizens of the state to always cooperate with security agencies in the fight against insurgency.

    • Six killed, many others injured as bandits attack Zamfara community

    Zamfara State has been a hotspot of notoriety for bandits since the begining of this year.

    Chronicle NG reported how gunmen suspected to be bandits attacked Rijiya village in Gusau Local Government Area of the state, killing six people and abducting several others on Sunday.

    A resident of the village explained that the bandits stormed the village on motorcycles and shot sporadically into the air, killing some of the residents.

    Also on Monday, seven police personnel were killed by bandits along the Tofa-Magami road in Gusau Local Government Area.

    Eyewitnesses said the incident occurred around 6:00 pm when the police operatives were patrolling the area. The bandits were said to have ambushed the police operatives, killing seven of them and setting ablaze their operational vehicle.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Michael Oyedokun: Terrorists behead abducted Oyo teacher

    Oyo suspends excursions, field trips, as slain teacher laid to rest

    Baba Malam Wali wins APC governorship ticket in Yobe

    Baba Malam Wali wins APC governorship ticket in Yobe

    Irate mob sets Ebola hospital on fire in DR Congo

    Irate mob sets Ebola hospital on fire in DR Congo

    Kaduna State Governor Uba Sani addressing judiciary staff union leaders during a meeting at Sir Kashim Ibrahim House in Kaduna.

    JUST IN: Sani approves nearly N1bn for Kaduna workers’ entitlements

    Trump : You're on your own, US tells citizens in Israel amid Middle East tensions 

    Trump sends 5000 US troops to Poland, NATO gives nod

    Nigerians reacting on social media to the appointment of Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar announced by President Tinubu.

    Mixed reactions trail JAMB registrar Segun Aina appointment

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Michael Oyedokun: Terrorists behead abducted Oyo teacher

    Oyo suspends excursions, field trips, as slain teacher laid to rest

    May 22, 2026
    Azpilicueta to retire at end of season

    Chelsea legend Azpilicueta to retire from football at end of season

    May 22, 2026
    Baba Malam Wali wins APC governorship ticket in Yobe

    Baba Malam Wali wins APC governorship ticket in Yobe

    May 22, 2026
    Alvaro Arbeloa appointed as Real Madrid head coach after Alonso exit

    Alvaro Arbeloa confirms Real Madrid departure

    May 22, 2026
    Man United confirm Carrick as permanent manager

    Man United confirm Carrick as permanent head coach until 2028

    May 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.