Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    The Senate Committee on Diaspora and Non-Governmental Organisations has voiced alarm about the growing trend of Nigerians travelling abroad

    Senate condemns Oyo abduction, demands immediate action

    May 18, 2026
    Seyi Makinde addressing supporters during the PDP–APM Alliance rally in Ibadan where he declared his 2027 presidential ambition.

    Makinde confirms seven teachers abducted, one killed in Oyo

    May 18, 2026
    Principal of Community High School, Esinele, appeals for help in a viral video after gunmen abducted teachers and students in Oyo State

    Oyo principal, nursing mother cry for help in kidnappers den

    May 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Senate condemns Oyo abduction, demands immediate action
    • Makinde confirms seven teachers abducted, one killed in Oyo
    • Oyo principal, nursing mother cry for help in kidnappers den
    • IGP visits Oyo communities after school attack, orders intensified rescue operations
    • Nigeria denies US ground troop role in killing of ISIS leader Al-Minuki
    • ‘Shamed into action’, Atiku slams FG’s response to South Africa xenophobic attacks
    • WHO declares DR Congo, Uganda Ebola outbreak global health emergency
    • 65 dead as DR Congo confirms new Ebola outbreak
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, May 18
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Nigeria, Australia move to develop ICT sector

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorFebruary 11, 2020No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Nigeria to work with Australia in developing ICT sector
    Nigeria to work with Australia in developing ICT sector
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Federal Government and the Commonwealth of Australia have concluded plans to collaborate to improve the information and communications technology (ICT), housing, agriculture, works and health sectors in the country.

    The decision, which was the outcome of the 2020 Nigeria-Australia Investment Forum held last week in Melbourne, Australia, was further reinforced Monday during the Third Nigeria-Australia Senior Officials Talks which took place in Abuja.

    The Third Nigeria-Australia Senior Officials Talks is the third round of bilateral consultations held sequel to a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the Nigerian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade signed on September 5, 2012, in Canberra, Australia.

    The meeting, according to the Nigerian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, was a platform to enable Senior Officials’ level consultations to review all aspects of relations and exchange views on regional and international issues of mutual interest.

    READ ALSO: Jihadists Kill 30, Abduct Women And Children In Borno

    Speaking about the collaboration, the Nigerian High Commissioner to Australia, Ambassador Bello Kazaure Husseini, said the High Commission of Nigeria in Australia decided to showcase Nigeria to the world, hence, the decision to collaborate in the various sectors.

    He added that since assumption of duty, the 2020 Nigeria-Australia Investment Forum was the second event organised by the Nigerian High Commission in Australia to galvanise investors for the country, having held a similar event in 2018 titled ‘2018 Nigeria Mining Roadshow.’

    The High Commissioner disclosed that the 2020 event drew quite a number of Nigerian companies, government institutions and stakeholders who participated.

    “Let me be proud to tell you that it was a huge success. We managed to penetrate Australian investors. They attended the conference and I am satisfied that in the near future, we will see the dividends of what we are doing,” Husseini said.

    While noting that the country has a lot of potentials and a large population to its advantage, the envoy stated that all that was needed was zeal, even as he urged Nigerians to be optimistic.

    Also speaking, a former High Commissioner of Nigeria to Australia and Director General of the Nigerian Association of Chambers of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture, Ambassador Ayoola Olukanni, said the private sector was very key and important in the efforts to actualise the Nigerian-Australian business prospects.

    “That was why we went to Australia last year. NACCIMA went. This time around, we are also working closely to ensure that the private sector plays a key role because that is the sector that will drive the process,” Olukanni said.

    Speaking earlier, Australian High Commissioner to Nigeria, Ms Claire Ireland, said Australia will continue to support Nigeria’s priority which is its effort to diversify the economy.

    The High Commissioner added that the mining sector, which is the area Australia has a comparative advantage, is one way the Australian government is looking forward to supporting the Nigerian government.

    Culled

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    The Senate Committee on Diaspora and Non-Governmental Organisations has voiced alarm about the growing trend of Nigerians travelling abroad

    Senate condemns Oyo abduction, demands immediate action

    Seyi Makinde addressing supporters during the PDP–APM Alliance rally in Ibadan where he declared his 2027 presidential ambition.

    Makinde confirms seven teachers abducted, one killed in Oyo

    Principal of Community High School, Esinele, appeals for help in a viral video after gunmen abducted teachers and students in Oyo State

    Oyo principal, nursing mother cry for help in kidnappers den

    IGP Olatunji Disu meeting security officials and residents in Oriire, Oyo State, after a deadly school attack and abductions.

    IGP visits Oyo communities after school attack, orders intensified rescue operations

    Nigerian troops during counter-terrorism operations in Borno State after the killing of ISIS commander Abu Bilal Al-Minuki.

    Nigeria denies US ground troop role in killing of ISIS leader Al-Minuki

    Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar criticising Nigeria’s response to xenophobic attacks against Nigerians in South Africa.

    ‘Shamed into action’, Atiku slams FG’s response to South Africa xenophobic attacks

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    The Senate Committee on Diaspora and Non-Governmental Organisations has voiced alarm about the growing trend of Nigerians travelling abroad

    Senate condemns Oyo abduction, demands immediate action

    May 18, 2026
    Seyi Makinde addressing supporters during the PDP–APM Alliance rally in Ibadan where he declared his 2027 presidential ambition.

    Makinde confirms seven teachers abducted, one killed in Oyo

    May 18, 2026
    Principal of Community High School, Esinele, appeals for help in a viral video after gunmen abducted teachers and students in Oyo State

    Oyo principal, nursing mother cry for help in kidnappers den

    May 18, 2026
    IGP Olatunji Disu meeting security officials and residents in Oriire, Oyo State, after a deadly school attack and abductions.

    IGP visits Oyo communities after school attack, orders intensified rescue operations

    May 18, 2026
    Nigerian troops during counter-terrorism operations in Borno State after the killing of ISIS commander Abu Bilal Al-Minuki.

    Nigeria denies US ground troop role in killing of ISIS leader Al-Minuki

    May 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.