Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Alvaro Arbeloa appointed as Real Madrid head coach after Alonso exit

    Alvaro Arbeloa confirms Real Madrid departure

    May 22, 2026
    Man United confirm Carrick as permanent manager

    Man United confirm Carrick as permanent head coach until 2028

    May 22, 2026
    Manchester City confirm Pep Guardiola's exit

    Manchester City confirm Pep Guardiola’s exit

    May 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Alvaro Arbeloa confirms Real Madrid departure
    • Man United confirm Carrick as permanent head coach until 2028
    • Manchester City confirm Pep Guardiola’s exit
    • Man City confirm Guardiola exit after trophy-filled 10-year reign
    • Irate mob sets Ebola hospital on fire in DR Congo
    • JUST IN: Sani approves nearly N1bn for Kaduna workers’ entitlements
    • Trump sends 5000 US troops to Poland, NATO gives nod
    • Mixed reactions trail JAMB registrar Segun Aina appointment
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Friday, May 22
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    NANS blasts ASUU for joining strike

    David GreatBy David GreatNovember 15, 2023No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    ASUU says Tinubu has failed in his promise as strike looms
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS) has spoken out against the Academic Staff Union of Universities’ participation in the ongoing workers’ strike.

    The Nigeria Labour Congress launched an indefinite strike across the nation on Monday in response to a recent assault on its national president, Mr. Joe Ajaero, in Imo State.

    However, a statement signed by Mr. Babatunde Akinteye, Vice President External Affairs, NANS, and made available to Chronicle NG also decried the decision of the NLC and Trade Union Congress to go on strike, calling it depressing.

    “We, at the National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS) National Headquarters, express our profound resentment and disappointment at the recent decision of the Nigeria Labour Congress and the Trade Union Congress to embark on a nationwide strike,” it said.

    NANS claimed that ASUU’s involvement would endanger the university system calendar, which had already witnessed several strike actions.

    The statement read, “Furthermore, the decision of the ASUU to join the strike is particularly disheartening.

    • NLC/TUC strike a distraction, Presidency should step up – Laolu Akande

    “The academic calendar has already been severely impacted, and the addition of another strike further jeopardises the educational sector, which is already grappling with numerous challenges.

    “It is disheartening to witness the leadership of these unions prioritising strikes over constructive dialogue. Moreover, the fact that ASUU, representing university staff, has already joined the strike raises concerns about the broader impact on the educational sector.”

    “This strike not only disrupts the normalcy of citizens but also sets a dangerous precedent for conflict resolution. We urge the NLC/TUC leadership to reconsider their stance and engage in more constructive avenues to address their concerns without causing undue harm to the general populace.

    “It is with a heavy heart that we, as the apex student body in the country, address the irrationality, disregard for the court of law, and apparently misplaced priority demonstrated in this action.”

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Irate mob sets Ebola hospital on fire in DR Congo

    Irate mob sets Ebola hospital on fire in DR Congo

    Kaduna State Governor Uba Sani addressing judiciary staff union leaders during a meeting at Sir Kashim Ibrahim House in Kaduna.

    JUST IN: Sani approves nearly N1bn for Kaduna workers’ entitlements

    Trump : You're on your own, US tells citizens in Israel amid Middle East tensions 

    Trump sends 5000 US troops to Poland, NATO gives nod

    Nigerians reacting on social media to the appointment of Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar announced by President Tinubu.

    Mixed reactions trail JAMB registrar Segun Aina appointment

    The Governor of Benue State, Hyacinth Alia, has expressed deep sorrow over the death of ten people in a tragic accident in the Okete community, Ohimini Local Government Area.

    Alia wins Benue APC governorship primary election

    RCMP tactical armoured vehicle and heavily armed officers outside a Spencer Street home during a police raid in downtown St. John’s.

    Police deploy flash bangs, armoured vehicle in St. John’s drug raid

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Alvaro Arbeloa appointed as Real Madrid head coach after Alonso exit

    Alvaro Arbeloa confirms Real Madrid departure

    May 22, 2026
    Man United confirm Carrick as permanent manager

    Man United confirm Carrick as permanent head coach until 2028

    May 22, 2026
    Manchester City confirm Pep Guardiola's exit

    Manchester City confirm Pep Guardiola’s exit

    May 22, 2026
    Manchester City confirm Pep Guardiola's exit

    Man City confirm Guardiola exit after trophy-filled 10-year reign

    May 22, 2026
    Irate mob sets Ebola hospital on fire in DR Congo

    Irate mob sets Ebola hospital on fire in DR Congo

    May 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.