Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    May 20, 2026
    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    May 20, 2026
    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president
    • Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges
    • Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws
    • DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West
    • Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary
    • Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears
    • Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours
    • Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Wednesday, May 20
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Man drags tricycle rider to court for impregnating daughter

    David GreatBy David GreatNovember 16, 2022No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Benue court remands ex-BSIEC boss over fraud
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    An elderly man, Musa Sulaiman, and his daughter (names withheld), on Wednesday dragged one Umar Salisu, a tricycle rider, to a Shari’a court sitting at Rigasa, Kaduna for allegedly impregnating the daughter.

    The two plaintiffs who spoke through their counsel, Bar. Kabir Alhassan, said Salisu had promised to marry the second plaintiff after the incident but failed to do so after she had been delivered of her baby.

    “Two years ago, the defendant approached the first plaintiff with a request to allow him court his daughter who was 16 years old at that time.

    “The father of the second plaintiff gave consent and permission to the defendant and the defendant started coming to the house to meet the girl in her mother’s room,” he said.

    • Court convicts fugitive drug dealer Musa Abdul

    He stated that the defendant had promised the second plaintiff marriage and impregnated her during courtship while the father was not aware until the pregnancy was seven months old.

    He added that the defendant who was approached by the first plaintiff, confessed and admitted that he was responsible and promised to marry her after delivery.

    Bar. Alhassan explained that the defendant later denied paternity of the baby and refused to fulfill his promise of marrying the second plaintiff.
    “We are praying court to compel the defendant to fulfill his promise and undertaking of marrying the second plaintiff since no one is willing to marry her due to the incident,” he prayed.

    In his defense, the defendant’s counsel, Bar. I. H. Yahya, denied the allegation, saying his client was not responsible for the pregnancy and had not promised the second plaintiff marriage.

    The Judge, Abubakar Salisu-Tureta, adjourned the matter to December 5 for the plaintiffs to present witnesses.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    DHQ dismisses fears of terrorist stronghold after Oyo school attacks

    DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West

    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary

    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    May 20, 2026
    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    May 20, 2026
    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    May 20, 2026
    DHQ dismisses fears of terrorist stronghold after Oyo school attacks

    DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West

    May 20, 2026
    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.