Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO fears Congo Ebola outbreak has spread beyond borders

    May 20, 2026
    NDC shifts deadline for legislative, governorship forms to May 24

    NDC shifts deadline for legislative, governorship forms to May 24

    May 19, 2026
    Cristiano Ronaldo topped Ali Daei to be the highest goal scorer in men's football

    Ronaldo leads Portugal’s 2026 World Cup squad

    May 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • WHO fears Congo Ebola outbreak has spread beyond borders
    • NDC shifts deadline for legislative, governorship forms to May 24
    • Ronaldo leads Portugal’s 2026 World Cup squad
    • Arsenal win first EPL title in 22 years after Man City slip at Bournemouth
    • PDP grants Jonathan waiver, clears him for presidential race
    • Igboho expresses readiness to combat terrorists in south-west
    • Gowon reaffirms love for Nigeria in autobiography ‘My Life of Duty & Allegiance’
    • Ebola deaths in Congo rise to 131 amid outbreak
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Wednesday, May 20
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Lagos sets up N2b relief fund for Abule Ado explosion victims

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorMarch 17, 2020No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Lagos state Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu unemployed graduates pension
    Lagos state Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Lagos State Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu on Monday visited the scene of the Abule Ado multiple explosions and immediately announced a N2 billion Emergency Relief Fund for the victims.

    He sympathised with families that lost their loved ones and those injured by the blasts that also destroyed over 50 houses and 2,000 vehicles on Sunday morning.

    Already, a register has been opened by the emergency management agencies of the Federal and the Lagos State governments for the victims of the incident.

    As of 7:12pm on Monday, over 148 persons had registered at the information desk at the scene.

    Sanwo-Olu appealed to corporate organisations and well-meaning Nigerians to assist his administration in ameliorating the pains of the victims. He said he had directed that N250 million be put in the fund as seed money.

    Security operatives are yet to confirm the cause of the explosion
    Security operatives are yet to confirm the cause of the explosion

    The governor also announced that three bank accounts had been opened for the “Abule Ado Emergency Relief Fund.” The banks and the account numbers are Polaris Bank 4030017510, Zenith Bank 10171845716 and GTBank 0586615680.

    He said: “I have set up Abule Ado Emergency Relief Fund; it is a N2 billion relief fund and the state government will immediately put in N250 million to that fund and overnight, I have gotten three banks to open account for that fund and that we are trying to achieve.

    • How APC govs against Oshiomhole lost out

    “This is beyond what the state government can do on its own. This is beyond what a government, nation or state level can undertake on its own,

    “I am aware that some of my fellow governors have called, and have also received phone calls from the private sector, so what this fund will do is to give everybody the opportunity to be part of it and to be able to donate into it.

    “Of course, the utilisation of this fund, which will also be headed by the deputy governor will also be part of the responsibility the committee will be saddled with. Just to know we are serious and are committed to it. I have three account numbers already: I have the Polaris Bank, with the account number-4030017510 account name is Abule Ado Emergency Relief Fund.”

    The governor said that his administration was working with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation and the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) to make life easier for the victims.

    He added: “We are working with NEMA, NNPC and other agencies to make life easier for everyone affected in the tragic incident at Abule Ado, which claimed lives and caused extensive property damage

    “I offer my condolences to the families that have lost their loved ones, to the children that lost their teacher and to everyone in this neighbourhood that lost one person or the other.”

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO fears Congo Ebola outbreak has spread beyond borders

    NDC shifts deadline for legislative, governorship forms to May 24

    NDC shifts deadline for legislative, governorship forms to May 24

    Jonathan wins 2025 Sunhak Peace Prize

    PDP grants Jonathan waiver, clears him for presidential race

    Sunday Igboho backs Kemi Badenoch, tells Shettima to focus on Nigeria’s 

    Igboho expresses readiness to combat terrorists in south-west

    Jonathan: Abaribe urges Gowon to 'write his own book, reveal truth about 1966 coup'

    Gowon reaffirms love for Nigeria in autobiography ‘My Life of Duty & Allegiance’

    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    Ebola deaths in Congo rise to 131 amid outbreak

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO fears Congo Ebola outbreak has spread beyond borders

    May 20, 2026
    NDC shifts deadline for legislative, governorship forms to May 24

    NDC shifts deadline for legislative, governorship forms to May 24

    May 19, 2026
    Cristiano Ronaldo topped Ali Daei to be the highest goal scorer in men's football

    Ronaldo leads Portugal’s 2026 World Cup squad

    May 19, 2026
    Arsenal players celebrate winning the Premier League title after Manchester City drew with Bournemouth.

    Arsenal win first EPL title in 22 years after Man City slip at Bournemouth

    May 19, 2026
    Jonathan wins 2025 Sunhak Peace Prize

    PDP grants Jonathan waiver, clears him for presidential race

    May 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.