Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Court fines lawyer N1m in suit seeking to stop Jonathan 2027 bid

    Goodluck Jonathan should stay out of 2027 race – Lamido

    May 21, 2026
    Governor Siminialayi Fubara has appointed a new chief of staff and also secretary to the Rivers State Government.

    Fubara withdraws from Rivers APC governorship primary

    May 21, 2026
    Aston Villa players celebrate after defeating Freiburg to win the Europa League final in Istanbul.

    Clinical Aston Villa outclass Freiburg to win Europa League

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Goodluck Jonathan should stay out of 2027 race – Lamido
    • Fubara withdraws from Rivers APC governorship primary
    • Clinical Aston Villa outclass Freiburg to win Europa League
    • Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president
    • Dangote refinery IPO demand nears $2bn as Otedola commits $100m investment
    • Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges
    • Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliot withdraws
    • DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Thursday, May 21
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    JUSUN threatens strike, issues seven-day notice to FG

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoFebruary 13, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    JUSUN threatens strike, issues seven-day notice to FG
    JUSUN members during a protest
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Judiciary Staff Union of Nigeria (JUSUN) has issued a seven-day ultimatum to the Federal Government to implement the new national minimum wage and other benefits or face an indefinite strike.

    This ultimatum was delivered in a communiqué issued on Wednesday following an emergency meeting at the JUSUN Secretariat in Abuja.

    According to the communiqué, the seven-day ultimatum would begin on Thursday, February 13, 2025, and expire on February 19, 2025.

    JUSUN has warned that failure by the Federal Government to accept their demands within this timeframe will result in an extended strike beginning February 20, 2025.

    The union is demanding the full implementation of the new national minimum wage of N77,000 and other benefits for judicial workers.

    JUSUN has been at odds with the federal government over the failure to implement the increased minimum salary for judicial personnel, despite the fact that other public sector employees have begun to receive the revised wage.

    The workers had previously given the administration a 21-day deadline to meet their requests, but nothing was done during that time.

    JUSUN has been at odds with the federal government over the failure to implement the increased minimum salary for judicial personnel, despite the fact that other public sector employees have begun to receive the revised wage.

    The workers had previously given the administration a 21-day deadline to meet their requests, but nothing was done during that time.

    The communiqué reads, “The meeting principally centered on the expiration of the twenty-one (21) day ultimatum issued to all heads of federal courts, FCT courts, and judicial bodies.

    “That after exhaustive deliberations, the following resolution was reached. That an additional seven (7) days’ notice is hereby given for the full implementation of the subject matter in line with relevant guidelines governing industrial disputes and the urgent intervention of the Hon. Chief Justice of Nigeria, Hon. Justice Kudirat Motonmori Olatokunbo Kekere-Ekun.

    “That the seven (7) days commence on Thursday, February 13, 2025, and end on Wednesday, February 19, 2025.

    “That failure to implement our demands within this stipulated time frame will mean the union cannot guarantee industrial harmony. Consequently, the strike will commence indefinitely from Thursday, February 20, 2025.”

    JUSUN has urged the federal government to act quickly to avoid disrupting judicial functions across the country.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Court fines lawyer N1m in suit seeking to stop Jonathan 2027 bid

    Goodluck Jonathan should stay out of 2027 race – Lamido

    Governor Siminialayi Fubara has appointed a new chief of staff and also secretary to the Rivers State Government.

    Fubara withdraws from Rivers APC governorship primary

    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    Dangote refinery IPO demand nears $2bn as Otedola commits $100m investment

    Dangote refinery IPO demand nears $2bn as Otedola commits $100m investment

    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliot withdraws

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Court fines lawyer N1m in suit seeking to stop Jonathan 2027 bid

    Goodluck Jonathan should stay out of 2027 race – Lamido

    May 21, 2026
    Governor Siminialayi Fubara has appointed a new chief of staff and also secretary to the Rivers State Government.

    Fubara withdraws from Rivers APC governorship primary

    May 21, 2026
    Aston Villa players celebrate after defeating Freiburg to win the Europa League final in Istanbul.

    Clinical Aston Villa outclass Freiburg to win Europa League

    May 21, 2026
    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    May 20, 2026
    Dangote refinery IPO demand nears $2bn as Otedola commits $100m investment

    Dangote refinery IPO demand nears $2bn as Otedola commits $100m investment

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.