Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    LASEMA, RRS and LASTMA officials were are the scene of the accident in Ojuelegba

    LASTMA confirms one killed as tanker crashes in Lagos

    February 21, 2026
    Cameroon arrests five Nigerian pastor over politician’s abduction

    Pastor to die by hanging for killing landlord in Akwa Ibom

    February 21, 2026
    Police impose movement restriction as FCT, Rivers, Kano residents vote today

    Police impose movement restriction as FCT, Rivers, Kano residents vote today

    February 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • LASTMA confirms one killed as tanker crashes in Lagos
    • Pastor to die by hanging for killing landlord in Akwa Ibom
    • Police impose movement restriction as FCT, Rivers, Kano residents vote today
    • Terrorists kill over 50 in Zamfara
    • Police impose 12-hour lockdown for FCT council elections
    • Lagos implements 5% withholding tax on gaming winnings
    • Terrorists kidnap three in fresh attack on Plateau community
    • Tinubu mourns death of naval chief Katagum
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Saturday, February 21
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Israel resumes water supply to Southern Gaza – Minister

    David GreatBy David GreatOctober 15, 2023No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Israeli tank shelling kills 59 Gazans queuing for aid, dozens wounded
    Israeli tanks
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Israel resumed the water supply to southern Gaza, Energy Minister Katz said Sunday, as one million people have evacuated the north of the Strip to escape a massive air assault.

    “This will push the civilian population to the southern (part of the) Strip,” Katz said in a statement, a week after Israel had stopped supplying water to the entire territory as part of a “complete siege” on the Palestinian enclave.

    He said the decision to resume the supply was taken after talks between Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and US President Joe Biden.

    US National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan earlier said that Israel told him it had turned the water supply back on in southern Gaza.

    “I have been in touch with my Israeli counterparts just within the last hour who reported to me that they have, in fact, turned the water pipe back on in southern Gaza,” Sullivan told CNN.

    The municipality of Beni Suheila in southern Gaza later confirmed that the water supply had been resumed to the village.

    IDF embarked on a withering air campaign against Hamas militants in Gaza after they carried out a brutal attack on the Jewish nation on October 7 that left more than 1,400 people killed in Israel.

    • One million Gazans displaced as Israel readies for ground attack

    The widespread air assault has killed at least 2,450 people in the Palestinian territory.

    An estimated one million people have been displaced in the first seven days of the conflict in Gaza, the United Nations agency supporting Palestinian refugees said Sunday.

    “The number is likely to be higher as people continue to leave their homes,” UNRWA director of communications Juliette Touma told AFP.

     

    AFP

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    LASEMA, RRS and LASTMA officials were are the scene of the accident in Ojuelegba

    LASTMA confirms one killed as tanker crashes in Lagos

    Cameroon arrests five Nigerian pastor over politician’s abduction

    Pastor to die by hanging for killing landlord in Akwa Ibom

    Police impose movement restriction as FCT, Rivers, Kano residents vote today

    Police impose movement restriction as FCT, Rivers, Kano residents vote today

    Oba Kehinde Falodun, the monarch of the Agamọ Community in the Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, was reportedly slain by suspected Terrorists.

    Terrorists kill over 50 in Zamfara

    Police impose 12-hour lockdown for FCT council elections

    Police impose 12-hour lockdown for FCT council elections

    The Lagos State Internal Revenue Service has declared that it will use third-party agents to collect unpaid taxes from defaulting taxpayers, including banks, employers, debtors, tenants, and business partners.

    Lagos implements 5% withholding tax on gaming winnings

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    LASEMA, RRS and LASTMA officials were are the scene of the accident in Ojuelegba

    LASTMA confirms one killed as tanker crashes in Lagos

    February 21, 2026
    Cameroon arrests five Nigerian pastor over politician’s abduction

    Pastor to die by hanging for killing landlord in Akwa Ibom

    February 21, 2026
    Police impose movement restriction as FCT, Rivers, Kano residents vote today

    Police impose movement restriction as FCT, Rivers, Kano residents vote today

    February 21, 2026
    Oba Kehinde Falodun, the monarch of the Agamọ Community in the Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, was reportedly slain by suspected Terrorists.

    Terrorists kill over 50 in Zamfara

    February 21, 2026
    Police impose 12-hour lockdown for FCT council elections

    Police impose 12-hour lockdown for FCT council elections

    February 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.