Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Three dead as WHO investigates Hantavirus outbreak on cruise ship

    WHO loses member country as Argentina quits

    May 23, 2026
    Tinubu meets Mutfwang at Aso Rock over Plateau killings

    2027: Plateau gov wins APC governorship primaries

    May 23, 2026
    Peter Obi reacts to the kidnapping of students in Borno and Oyo states, describing the attacks as a threat to Nigeria’s future and education sector.

    Obi denies running from Atiku ahead 2027 election

    May 23, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • WHO loses member country as Argentina quits
    • 2027: Plateau gov wins APC governorship primaries
    • Obi denies running from Atiku ahead 2027 election
    • Adelabu loses APC gov ticket in Oyo after quitting as minister
    • ‘I’m running to win’, Sowore declares 2027 presidential ambition
    • NNPCL opposes Dangote refinery suit, warns against ‘monopoly control’ of fuel market
    • US cracks down on non-consensual AI-generated intimate images
    • How Ogun teacher abducted, killed WASSCE candidate, spent ransom on sports betting
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Saturday, May 23
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Iran threatens retaliation if Israel targets its oil, nuclear installations

    David GreatBy David GreatOctober 8, 2024No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Iran missiles hit Abu Dhabi, Dubai airports, 1 dead
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Iran warned Israel on Tuesday against attacking any of its infrastructure amid fears of a possible Israeli assault on oil or nuclear sites following Iran’s missile barrage last week.

    “Any attack against infrastructure in Iran will provoke an even stronger response,” state television quoted Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi as saying.

    He spoke after Israel said it was preparing a response to Iran’s October 1 missile attack on its arch-enemy, its second on the country in six months.

    On Monday, an official statement quoted Araghchi as saying Iran did not seek war in the region.

    On Friday, US President Joe Biden cautioned Israel against attacking oil installations in Iran, one of the world’s top 10 producers of crude.

    • Iran resumes flight after suspension amid fears of Israeli retaliation

    Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps General Rassul Sanairad warned on Sunday that any attack on nuclear or energy sites would cross a “red line”.

    The Fars news agency quoted him as saying following the threat: “Some political leaders have spoken of a possible change in Iran’s nuclear policy.”

    In 2022, after an official said Iran had the technical capability to produce a nuclear weapon, the country stressed there had been no change in its nuclear ambitions.

    Last year Iran slowed the pace of its uranium enrichment, but then in late 2023 accelerated the production of 60 percent enriched uranium, according to the International Atomic Energy Agency.

    Enrichment levels of around 90 per cent are required for military use.

    Iran has always denied any ambition to develop a nuclear weapons capability, insisting its activities are entirely peaceful.

    Any attack on Iranian nuclear sites “would have an impact on the kind of response by Iran,” General Sanairad said.

    Tehran says its attack on Israel, when some 200 missiles were fired, was a response to the death in a Beirut air strike of Hassan Nasrallah, leader of the Iran-backed Lebanese movement Hezbollah, and of Hamas political leader Ismail Haniyeh in Tehran.

    Iran blamed Israel for Haniyeh’s death, but Israel has not commented.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Three dead as WHO investigates Hantavirus outbreak on cruise ship

    WHO loses member country as Argentina quits

    Tinubu meets Mutfwang at Aso Rock over Plateau killings

    2027: Plateau gov wins APC governorship primaries

    Peter Obi reacts to the kidnapping of students in Borno and Oyo states, describing the attacks as a threat to Nigeria’s future and education sector.

    Obi denies running from Atiku ahead 2027 election

    Former Minister of Power Adebayo Adelabu, who resigned to contest the Oyo governorship primaries, has failed to clinch the ticket of the All Progressives Congress, APC.

    Adelabu loses APC gov ticket in Oyo after quitting as minister

    AAC’s Sowore says he is running to win in 2027

    ‘I’m running to win’, Sowore declares 2027 presidential ambition

    NNPCL opposes Dangote refinery suit, warns against ‘monopoly control’ of fuel market

    NNPCL opposes Dangote refinery suit, warns against ‘monopoly control’ of fuel market

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Three dead as WHO investigates Hantavirus outbreak on cruise ship

    WHO loses member country as Argentina quits

    May 23, 2026
    Tinubu meets Mutfwang at Aso Rock over Plateau killings

    2027: Plateau gov wins APC governorship primaries

    May 23, 2026
    Peter Obi reacts to the kidnapping of students in Borno and Oyo states, describing the attacks as a threat to Nigeria’s future and education sector.

    Obi denies running from Atiku ahead 2027 election

    May 23, 2026
    Former Minister of Power Adebayo Adelabu, who resigned to contest the Oyo governorship primaries, has failed to clinch the ticket of the All Progressives Congress, APC.

    Adelabu loses APC gov ticket in Oyo after quitting as minister

    May 23, 2026
    AAC’s Sowore says he is running to win in 2027

    ‘I’m running to win’, Sowore declares 2027 presidential ambition

    May 23, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.