Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    May 20, 2026
    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    May 20, 2026
    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president
    • Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges
    • Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws
    • DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West
    • Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary
    • Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears
    • Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours
    • Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Thursday, May 21
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    INEC ready for Kogi West/Ajaokuta re-run polls

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorNovember 26, 2019No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    INEC Chairman, Prof. Mahmud Yakubu
    INEC Chairman, Prof. Mahmud Yakubu
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Prof. James Apam, INEC Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC) in Kogi, says the commission is ready for Kogi West Senatorial and Ajaokuta Federal Constituency supplementary elections slated for Saturday.

    Apam, who disclosed this on Tuesday in Lokoja at a Stakeholders’ meeting organised by INEC for the two Supplementary Elections said funding and logistics for the elections had been provided.

    He said the election would be conducted in 20 Registration Areas consisting of 53 Polling Units with a total of 45,767 Registered Voters in the seven local government areas of Kogi West Senatorial Districts.

    He said polls in the 53 units in the Nov. 16 polls were cancelled, adding that Ijumu Local Government had three affected Registration Areas (RAs) and Kabba-Bunu, six. Kogi (KK) and Mopa-Muro, had two each.

    Others are: Kogi (KK) and Mopa-Muro with two affected RAs each; Lokoja and Yagba East have three affected RAs each;while Yagba West has one.

    INEC, he said, would also conduct election re-runs in 10 Registration Areas in the affected 22 Polling Units with 15,438 Registered Voters in Ajaokuta Federal Constituency.

    • Dunamis: Clergy in court over defamation on social media

    Apam said the Kogi West Senatorial Supplementary election would be handled by 408 Polling Officers and seven Collation Officers insisting that the commission would still use University lecturers for the collation.

    NAN reports that stakeholders who spoke at the meeting pleaded with INEC and the security agencies to live above board in the discharge of their duties to avert the electoral fraud

    Rev. Samuel Owolabi, Director, National Issues, Christian Association Nigeria (CAN), condemned in its entirety, the rate of violence, intimidation, gunshots, ballot box snatching and vote buying that allegedly characterised the Nov. 16 governorship election in Kogi.

    The clergy who went on his knees to plead with INEC and security agencies to turn a new leave and conduct acceptable, credible, free and fair rerun said, “As it is now people are demoralised to come out to vote because of fear of being killed”.

    “They no longer have confidence in INEC and Security operatives. What we witnessed during the just concluded governorship election was civil war.”

    Also speaking, Alhaji Issa Adeboye, Secretary, Jama’atu Nasril Islam (JNI), admonished INEC and the police to be fair in the rerun election to avoid a recurrence of the violence that greeted the Nov. 16 governorship election.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    DHQ dismisses fears of terrorist stronghold after Oyo school attacks

    DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West

    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary

    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    May 20, 2026
    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    May 20, 2026
    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    May 20, 2026
    DHQ dismisses fears of terrorist stronghold after Oyo school attacks

    DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West

    May 20, 2026
    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.