Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    SERAP asks Tinubu to probe N2.9bn missing funds in NIGCOMSAT, NNRA

    Tinubu participates in APC primary, praises party’s democracy

    May 23, 2026
    INEC: We’ll review court verdict on 2027 election timetable before taking action

    INEC: We’ll review court verdict on 2027 election timetable before taking action

    May 23, 2026
    Three dead as WHO investigates Hantavirus outbreak on cruise ship

    WHO loses member country as Argentina quits

    May 23, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Tinubu participates in APC primary, praises party’s democracy
    • INEC: We’ll review court verdict on 2027 election timetable before taking action
    • WHO loses member country as Argentina quits
    • 2027: Plateau gov wins APC governorship primaries
    • Obi denies running from Atiku ahead 2027 election
    • Adelabu loses APC gov ticket in Oyo after quitting as minister
    • ‘I’m running to win’, Sowore declares 2027 presidential ambition
    • NNPCL opposes Dangote refinery suit, warns against ‘monopoly control’ of fuel market
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Saturday, May 23
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    I see myself as one of Afrobeats’ greats – Rema

    Opalim LiftedBy Opalim LiftedMarch 17, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    I see myself as one of Afrobeats’ greats, says Rema
    Afrobeats beat star Rema
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Rema said he sees himself as one of Afrobeats’ greatest artistes.

    In a recent interview with Rolling Stones, the ‘Calm Down’ hitmaker clarified his previous statement about Nigeria’s top four artistes, which included himself.

    The 24-year-old emphasized that his confidence is not arrogance, but rather a reflection of his hard work and dedication to his craft.

    He also questioned why it’s a problem for him to declare himself the best, citing that it’s even humble to acknowledge the existence of other greats.

    Referencing Kendrick Lamar’s famous diss line, Rema distinguished his intentions, stating that he advocates for the unity of Afrobeats, rather than seeking to tear others down.

    “So on ‘Heis’, I was talking a lot of s**t. It is not cocky. It is like what stops you from saying you’re the best? You can say it and stand your ground. It is even humble to say four,” he said.

    • 66th Grammy Awards: Afrobeats is now part of pop music – Grammy CEO

    “I didn’t pull down the two, I didn’t pull down the three. I just see myself as one of the greats, and it’s a problem. I’m not saying oh f**k everybody. It is different from what Kendrick said: ‘It’s just big me’. I really vouch for the unity of Afrobeats.”

    Born Divine Ikubor, Rema signed with D’Prince’s Jonzing World, a subsidiary of Mavin Records, in 2019.

    His hit song ‘Calm Down’, featuring Selena Gomez, won the first ‘Best Afrobeats’ category at the MTV Video Music Awards (VMAs) in 2023.

    Spotify also recognised him as one of the most exported artistes who dominated last year’s charts in sub-Saharan Africa.

    Rema’s sophomore album ‘HeIs‘ set the record for the biggest first-week streams on Spotify Nigeria in 2024.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    SERAP asks Tinubu to probe N2.9bn missing funds in NIGCOMSAT, NNRA

    Tinubu participates in APC primary, praises party’s democracy

    INEC: We’ll review court verdict on 2027 election timetable before taking action

    INEC: We’ll review court verdict on 2027 election timetable before taking action

    Three dead as WHO investigates Hantavirus outbreak on cruise ship

    WHO loses member country as Argentina quits

    Tinubu meets Mutfwang at Aso Rock over Plateau killings

    2027: Plateau gov wins APC governorship primaries

    Peter Obi reacts to the kidnapping of students in Borno and Oyo states, describing the attacks as a threat to Nigeria’s future and education sector.

    Obi denies running from Atiku ahead 2027 election

    Former Minister of Power Adebayo Adelabu, who resigned to contest the Oyo governorship primaries, has failed to clinch the ticket of the All Progressives Congress, APC.

    Adelabu loses APC gov ticket in Oyo after quitting as minister

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    SERAP asks Tinubu to probe N2.9bn missing funds in NIGCOMSAT, NNRA

    Tinubu participates in APC primary, praises party’s democracy

    May 23, 2026
    INEC: We’ll review court verdict on 2027 election timetable before taking action

    INEC: We’ll review court verdict on 2027 election timetable before taking action

    May 23, 2026
    Three dead as WHO investigates Hantavirus outbreak on cruise ship

    WHO loses member country as Argentina quits

    May 23, 2026
    Tinubu meets Mutfwang at Aso Rock over Plateau killings

    2027: Plateau gov wins APC governorship primaries

    May 23, 2026
    Peter Obi reacts to the kidnapping of students in Borno and Oyo states, describing the attacks as a threat to Nigeria’s future and education sector.

    Obi denies running from Atiku ahead 2027 election

    May 23, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.