Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    EFCC anti-corruption infographic condemning leaders who loot public funds to buy private jets.

    EFCC warns leaders against looting public funds for luxury lifestyles

    May 23, 2026
    Tinubu vows end to Plateau killings, orders 5,000-camera surveillance in Jos

    Tinubu to receive APC presidential ticket, flag on Sunday

    May 23, 2026
    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO raises DR Congo Ebola risk ‘very high’ as Uganda records three more cases

    May 23, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • EFCC warns leaders against looting public funds for luxury lifestyles
    • Tinubu to receive APC presidential ticket, flag on Sunday
    • WHO raises DR Congo Ebola risk ‘very high’ as Uganda records three more cases
    • Troops rescue abducted 8-year-old child, kill terrorists in North-East operations
    • Fernandes named Premier League player of the season
    • Tinubu pulls landslide victory in Rivers presidential primary election
    • Tinubu defeats Osifo to win APC primary election in Ebonyi
    • 2027: Tinubu wins APC primary election in Gombe
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Sunday, May 24
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Herdsmen kill four during Christmas carol in Kaduna

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorDecember 24, 2017No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    KADUNA
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    KADUNA

    AT least four people were reportedly killed, and a few others injured in a renewed attack by herdsmen at Nimdem village of Jema’a Local government area of Kaduna State.
    Confirming the incident, in a statement, the spokesman of Operation Safe Haven, Colonel IK Ekpeyong said the gunmen invaded Nindem Village at 9pm during a carol shooting sporadically, in the process, killed four persons and injured eight others.

    He disclosed that the corpses of the deceased had been deposited in a mortuary while those wounded were taken to Kafanchan General Hospital for treatment.



    According to him, “some people suspected to be masterminds of the attack had been arrested for further interrogation, while more troops had been deployed to the area to avert a fresh attack or reprisal.”

    Governor Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai, in a statement, through his spokesman, Samuel Aruwan condemned the attack, saying that the hard won peace in the area must be sustained and the culprits brought to book.

    Read Also Like Nigeria, fuel shortage hits oil producer Angola

    “Government commiserates with the families of the victims. The grief and pain these acts of violence leave in their wake can be devastating.

    It is important that all communities stand firm against any threat to peace and reject those who might want to reprise the terrible events of December 2016.

    “Government appeals for calm as security forces take action to restore peace and stability. Nobody should be allowed to truncate the right of citizens to live in peace and enjoy safety, or thwart their legitimate expectations of celebrating Christmas and the New Year in peace,” he said.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    EFCC anti-corruption infographic condemning leaders who loot public funds to buy private jets.

    EFCC warns leaders against looting public funds for luxury lifestyles

    Tinubu vows end to Plateau killings, orders 5,000-camera surveillance in Jos

    Tinubu to receive APC presidential ticket, flag on Sunday

    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO raises DR Congo Ebola risk ‘very high’ as Uganda records three more cases

    Nigerian troops during Operation Hadin Kai patrol operations in the North-East region.

    Troops rescue abducted 8-year-old child, kill terrorists in North-East operations

    The Anambra State governor, Prof. Charles Soludo, has congratulated President Bola Tinubu on the occasion of his 74th birthday on Sunday, March 29, 2026.

    Tinubu pulls landslide victory in Rivers presidential primary election

    The Anambra State governor, Prof. Charles Soludo, has congratulated President Bola Tinubu on the occasion of his 74th birthday on Sunday, March 29, 2026.

    Tinubu defeats Osifo to win APC primary election in Ebonyi

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    EFCC anti-corruption infographic condemning leaders who loot public funds to buy private jets.

    EFCC warns leaders against looting public funds for luxury lifestyles

    May 23, 2026
    Tinubu vows end to Plateau killings, orders 5,000-camera surveillance in Jos

    Tinubu to receive APC presidential ticket, flag on Sunday

    May 23, 2026
    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO raises DR Congo Ebola risk ‘very high’ as Uganda records three more cases

    May 23, 2026
    Nigerian troops during Operation Hadin Kai patrol operations in the North-East region.

    Troops rescue abducted 8-year-old child, kill terrorists in North-East operations

    May 23, 2026
    Fernandes named Premier League player of the season

    Fernandes named Premier League player of the season

    May 23, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.