Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    NDC shifts deadline for legislative, governorship forms to May 24

    NDC shifts deadline for legislative, governorship forms to May 24

    May 19, 2026
    Cristiano Ronaldo topped Ali Daei to be the highest goal scorer in men's football

    Ronaldo leads Portugal’s 2026 World Cup squad

    May 19, 2026
    Arsenal players celebrate winning the Premier League title after Manchester City drew with Bournemouth.

    Arsenal win first EPL title in 22 years after Man City slip at Bournemouth

    May 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • NDC shifts deadline for legislative, governorship forms to May 24
    • Ronaldo leads Portugal’s 2026 World Cup squad
    • Arsenal win first EPL title in 22 years after Man City slip at Bournemouth
    • PDP grants Jonathan waiver, clears him for presidential race
    • Igboho expresses readiness to combat terrorists in south-west
    • Gowon reaffirms love for Nigeria in autobiography ‘My Life of Duty & Allegiance’
    • Ebola deaths in Congo rise to 131 amid outbreak
    • DHQ confirms over 20 terrorists killed in coordinated US-Nigeria operation
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Wednesday, May 20
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Group petitions Buhari over missing Anambra guber candidate

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorDecember 17, 2021No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Candidate of the Labour Party, Obiora Agbasimalo has been missing since September 18
    Candidate of the Labour Party, Obiora Agbasimalo has been missing since September 18
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Coalition of Concerned Civil Society Organisations for Truth and Justice has urged the federal government and security agencies to find the missing candidate of the Labour Party in the last Anambra governorship election, Obiora Agbasimalo.

    The group at a news conference byObiora Agbasimalo coordinator, Phil Roberts, on Thursday, in Abuja also issued a seven-day ultimatum to this effect.

    Roberts said that Agbasimalo and his security detail were abducted on September 18, while on his way for an election campaign from Ezinifitte to Azia in Ihiala Local Government Area of Anambra.

    He said that nothing had been heard of the governorship candidate since then, adding that Agbasimalo’s disappearance had triggered concerns among family members and friends.

    “Whether he is dead or alive, no one knows and all these questions are begging for answers. Who kidnapped Obiora Agbasimalo and how was he kidnapped?

    “Already family and friends are seeking for Obiora’s safety and his eventual release from his captors.

    • Court upholds Soludo’s election as Anambra gov

    “We are as a matter of urgency by this press conference respectfully urging Mr President to direct the Nigerian Police Force, the Department of State Services DSS and other relevant security agencies to get to the root of this matter.

    “It is in the interest of the peace and stability of not just the southeast region, but the nation at large.”

    Roberts disclosed that the group had sent a petition to President Muhammadu Buhari and security agencies in the country to expedite action with a view to unraveling the mystery.

    He, however, condemned the abduction and called on Nigerians, who may have meaningful information regarding the whereabouts of Mr Agbasimalo, to volunteer same discreetly to security agencies.

    (NAN)

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    NDC shifts deadline for legislative, governorship forms to May 24

    NDC shifts deadline for legislative, governorship forms to May 24

    Jonathan wins 2025 Sunhak Peace Prize

    PDP grants Jonathan waiver, clears him for presidential race

    Sunday Igboho backs Kemi Badenoch, tells Shettima to focus on Nigeria’s 

    Igboho expresses readiness to combat terrorists in south-west

    Jonathan: Abaribe urges Gowon to 'write his own book, reveal truth about 1966 coup'

    Gowon reaffirms love for Nigeria in autobiography ‘My Life of Duty & Allegiance’

    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    Ebola deaths in Congo rise to 131 amid outbreak

    DHQ confirms over 20 terrorists killed in coordinated US-Nigeria operation

    DHQ confirms over 20 terrorists killed in coordinated US-Nigeria operation

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    NDC shifts deadline for legislative, governorship forms to May 24

    NDC shifts deadline for legislative, governorship forms to May 24

    May 19, 2026
    Cristiano Ronaldo topped Ali Daei to be the highest goal scorer in men's football

    Ronaldo leads Portugal’s 2026 World Cup squad

    May 19, 2026
    Arsenal players celebrate winning the Premier League title after Manchester City drew with Bournemouth.

    Arsenal win first EPL title in 22 years after Man City slip at Bournemouth

    May 19, 2026
    Jonathan wins 2025 Sunhak Peace Prize

    PDP grants Jonathan waiver, clears him for presidential race

    May 19, 2026
    Sunday Igboho backs Kemi Badenoch, tells Shettima to focus on Nigeria’s 

    Igboho expresses readiness to combat terrorists in south-west

    May 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.