Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Southampton had been looking for an immediate return to the Premier League having been relegated at the end of the 2024-25 season

    FA opens Southampton investigation over Spygate

    May 21, 2026
    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139

    May 21, 2026
    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • FA opens Southampton investigation over Spygate
    • WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139
    • Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty
    • Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar
    • Tinubu: Fuel subsidy, forex cabals behind rising insecurity
    • NDLEA busts N480bn methamphetamine lab in Ogun, arrests three Mexicans
    • Big Wiz: Wizkid becomes first African artiste to reach 11bn Spotify streams
    • NLC warns ‘no community is safe anymore’ after Oyo abduction
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Thursday, May 21
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Father, sons die in Anambra building collapse

    David GreatBy David GreatSeptember 4, 2023No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Emergency responders searching through rubble after a collapsed three-storey building at a construction site in Durumi 3, Abuja.
    Building collapse
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    An unidentified and two of his sons were confirmed dead on Sunday after a three-storey building under construction collapsed in an Anambra community.

    The incident occurred at Egbu Umuenem, Otolo Nnewi community, Nnewi North Local Government Area of the state.

    The building reportedly collapsed at about 1 p.m. when the workers were said to be preparing to start plastering work.

    Eyewitness accounts said that the deceased, including a man and his two children, said to have reported for the day’s job, allegedly died on the spot.

    They were said to have been rushed to St. Felix Hospital, Nnewi, Anambra State where they were confirmed dead.

    It was gathered that other workers, who were rescued from the rubbles, sustained varying degrees of injuries.

    They were also said to have been taken to the hospital for medical treatment.

    • Anambra pastor commits suicide over heartbreak

    The chairman of the Council for Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN), Anambra Chapter, Mr Victor Meju, led some state officials of the council to the scene.

    Addressing newsmen at the scene of the incident, Meju blamed the incident on poor foundation, concrete mixture and quality of materials as well as the non-approval by relevant regulatory authorities.

    Govt shuts school, sacks teachers over exam malpractice in Anambra
    Governor Charles Soludo of Anambra State

    He said that the building would be sealed off and the owner, Mr Chukwunafu Anamanjo, invited for questioning and investigation.

    Also, the Transition Committee Chairman, Nnewi North LGA, Mr. Chris Obiora, called on the people to always make use of certified engineers and other relevant personnel in the building sector for their construction works.

    Obiora further said that monitoring teams were also important in ensuring that builders stick to stipulated standards.

    When contacted for comments on the disaster, the state Police Command Spokesman, DSP Tochukwu Ikenga, said the command had yet to receive information about the incident.

    “I don’t have any information on it yet, but I will escalate the information to the Divisional Police Officer in the area for necessary action,” Ikenga said.

    Chronicle NG reports that four siblings died in a building collapse in neighbouring Enugu State as Nigeria continues to record a number of building collapses across the country.

    NAN

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    President Bola Tinubu speaking at a public event in Nigeria, representing federal government economic policy announcements.

    Tinubu: Fuel subsidy, forex cabals behind rising insecurity

    NDLEA operatives at a clandestine methamphetamine laboratory uncovered in Ogun forest with seized chemical substances and suspects.

    NDLEA busts N480bn methamphetamine lab in Ogun, arrests three Mexicans

    NLC warns ‘no community is safe anymore’ after Oyo abduction

    NLC warns ‘no community is safe anymore’ after Oyo abduction

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Southampton had been looking for an immediate return to the Premier League having been relegated at the end of the 2024-25 season

    FA opens Southampton investigation over Spygate

    May 21, 2026
    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139

    May 21, 2026
    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    May 21, 2026
    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    May 21, 2026
    President Bola Tinubu speaking at a public event in Nigeria, representing federal government economic policy announcements.

    Tinubu: Fuel subsidy, forex cabals behind rising insecurity

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.