Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    May 20, 2026
    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    May 20, 2026
    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president
    • Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges
    • Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws
    • DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West
    • Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary
    • Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears
    • Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours
    • Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Thursday, May 21
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Emefiele remanded in Kuje correctional center

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoNovember 17, 2023No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Emefiele prays court to foreclose prosecution over procurement fraud
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Federal Capital Territory High Court has ordered that former Central Bank of Nigeria Governor Godwin Emefiele be held in the Kuje Correctional Centre pending the outcome of his bail application.

    Chronicle NG reports that Emefiele is on trial for alleged procurement fraud.

    The trial, which had been postponed three times, was eventually convened on Friday.

    The Federal Government had initially proposed N6.5 billion in procurement fraud charges against the former CBN governor.

    However, the FG reduced the counts to six for a total of over N1 billion, and he was arraigned on Friday.

    During the Friday sessions, Emefiele’s attorney, Mathew Burkaa SAN, argued for bail, but the FG counsel, Rotimi Oyedepo, was adamantly against giving bail to the former CBN governor.

    • Emefiele appears in court as FG files fresh N1.6bn lawsuit

    The presiding judge, Justice Hamza Muazu, stated that a bench verdict could not be issued due to the numerous authorities mentioned by the two sides.

    The judge stated that he required some time to study the authorities and go over the materials provided by Emefiele to support his bail plea.

    He did, however, order Emefiele’s remand at the Kuje jail until the outcome of his bail application.

    Muazu subsequently deferred the case until November 22 to rule on the bail application and November 28 to begin the trial.

    His remand order comes after Justice Olukayode Adeniyi ordered that he be released to his lawyers on November 8 after being detained for 151 days.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    DHQ dismisses fears of terrorist stronghold after Oyo school attacks

    DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West

    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary

    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    May 20, 2026
    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    May 20, 2026
    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    May 20, 2026
    DHQ dismisses fears of terrorist stronghold after Oyo school attacks

    DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West

    May 20, 2026
    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.