Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    May 20, 2026
    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    May 20, 2026
    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president
    • Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges
    • Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws
    • DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West
    • Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary
    • Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears
    • Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours
    • Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Thursday, May 21
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    EFCC invites Razaq Okoya’s sons over ‘abuse of naira’ in viral video

    Opalim LiftedBy Opalim LiftedJanuary 11, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Naira Abuse: Police detain officer captured in Razaq Okoya sons’ video
    Police captured in Razaq Okoya sons’ viral naira abuse video
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has invited Subomi and Wahab, the sons of Razaq Okoya, the billionaire industrialist, for interrogation over alleged abuse of the naira.

    In the invite signed by Michael Wetkas, acting director of the Lagos directorate of the EFCC, the anti-graft agency directed the duo to report to the head, special operations team at the 15A Awolowo Road office of the commission by 10am on Monday, January 13, 2025.

    The Okoya brothers have been in the news for “abusing the naira” in a promotional video for a new song.

    The video — which featured a police officer holding wads of N1,000 notes as the boys encircled to a tune — had elicited outrage on social media.

    On January 10, Muyiwa Adejobi, spokesperson of the Nigeria Police Force (NPF), announced that the officer seen in the video had been arrested and detained.

    He said the officer’s actions were unethical, adding that he would face disciplinary action.

    • Naira Abuse: Police detain officer captured in Razaq Okoya sons’ video

    “The policeman captured in the recent viral video shared by the sons of the Lagos businessman, Chief Okoya, where they were abusing the naira, has been identified and detained for disciplinary action,” Adejobi wrote on X.

    “The involvement of the policeman has been condemned, as it’s unethical. We will always strive hard to uphold the sanctity, credibility, and core values of the police.”

    In 2024, the EFCC ramped up its enforcement of naira abuse by celebritries, citing Section 21 of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Act.

    On April 4, Bobrisky, the social media celebrity, was arrested by the commission in Lagos for defacing naira notes.

    The crossdresser was arraigned on a six-count charge by the EFCC.

    On April 16, the EFCC filed a three-count charge against Cubana Chief Priest, the socialite and social media influencer, over alleged naira abuse.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    DHQ dismisses fears of terrorist stronghold after Oyo school attacks

    DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West

    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary

    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    May 20, 2026
    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    May 20, 2026
    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    May 20, 2026
    DHQ dismisses fears of terrorist stronghold after Oyo school attacks

    DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West

    May 20, 2026
    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.