Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Jonathan: Thugs fly first class while professors struggle to travel economy

    Jonathan: Thugs fly first class while professors struggle to travel economy

    May 21, 2026
    Southampton had been looking for an immediate return to the Premier League having been relegated at the end of the 2024-25 season

    FA opens Southampton investigation over Spygate

    May 21, 2026
    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Jonathan: Thugs fly first class while professors struggle to travel economy
    • FA opens Southampton investigation over Spygate
    • WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139
    • Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty
    • Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar
    • Tinubu: Fuel subsidy, forex cabals behind rising insecurity
    • NDLEA busts N480bn methamphetamine lab in Ogun, arrests three Mexicans
    • Big Wiz: Wizkid becomes first African artiste to reach 11bn Spotify streams
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Thursday, May 21
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Debt Allegation: Anambra pulls down Obi’s campaign billboards 

    Opalim LiftedBy Opalim LiftedJanuary 15, 2023No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    2027: Obidients reply Bwala, vow resistance against plot to remove Obi from ballot
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Some of the billboards of Labour Party (LP) presidential candidate Peter Obi in Anambra have been pulled down.

    The action was carried out over the alleged inability of Obi to pay the State Government.

    The billboards mounted in strategic positions in some areas were removed by the Anambra Signage and Advertising Agency (ANSAA) at the weekend.

    But LP accused Governor Charles Soludo of ordering the removal of the billboards for ulterior motives.

    One of the chieftains of the party, who does not want to be quoted, told The Nation that Obi and Umeh’s large billboard at the Unizik temporary Site Flyover was pulled down on Saturday by ANSAA.

    He said: “The billboard at UNIZIK Temporary Site Junction was today( Saturday ) removed on the orders of Soludo.

    “The advert which was placed by an APCON registered Advertising Agency was fully paid for.

    • UK shuts Peter Obi’s company, Next International

    “Soludo said that he does not want the Labour Party advert in such a strategic place and ordered the Anambra Signage Agency to refund the money it received for the advert.

    “He also ordered the removal of the Labour Party advert at the Afor Nnobi Gantry. This advert has been there since October 2022 and was paid for five months.”

    Managing Director ANSAA Tony Ujubuonu, confirmed operatives of the agency removed the billboards.

    He said one of the LP billboards was removed on Saturday but not on the orders of Soludo.

    Ujubuonu said: “Whatever was removed was as a result of a challenge we had with the agent that erected the board.”

    First and foremost is that the bridge you are talking about was having a Labour Party billboard. If you recall in August, we sent out a message to all political parties to pay up their campaign fees.

    “There was a lot of hullabaloos about it. None of them has paid their own. So most of the parties that have not paid theirs that have adverts on government assets were removed. It has nothing to do with the governor.

    “Governor didn’t give any order. If they said they paid, the campaign fees, let them give me any evidence, I should know, I’m the ANSAA MD.

    “They didn’t pay the campaign fees and we spoke to their media heads several times; we informed them about the enforcement, and they haven’t paid it so we decided to take down the advert.”

    It has nothing to do with the Governor. Anybody that tells you anything about the Governor and the billboard is telling you lies.”

    He maintained that when the billboard was removed, the government refunded the advertising agency that mounted the advert its money.

    “The money was refunded to the agency who owned the board, not to the client. We don’t deal directly with the Labour Party, we deal with the advertising agency that mounted the board,” the ANSAA MD stressed.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Jonathan: Thugs fly first class while professors struggle to travel economy

    Jonathan: Thugs fly first class while professors struggle to travel economy

    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    President Bola Tinubu speaking at a public event in Nigeria, representing federal government economic policy announcements.

    Tinubu: Fuel subsidy, forex cabals behind rising insecurity

    NDLEA operatives at a clandestine methamphetamine laboratory uncovered in Ogun forest with seized chemical substances and suspects.

    NDLEA busts N480bn methamphetamine lab in Ogun, arrests three Mexicans

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Jonathan: Thugs fly first class while professors struggle to travel economy

    Jonathan: Thugs fly first class while professors struggle to travel economy

    May 21, 2026
    Southampton had been looking for an immediate return to the Premier League having been relegated at the end of the 2024-25 season

    FA opens Southampton investigation over Spygate

    May 21, 2026
    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139

    May 21, 2026
    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    May 21, 2026
    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.