Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Southampton had been looking for an immediate return to the Premier League having been relegated at the end of the 2024-25 season

    FA opens Southampton investigation over Spygate

    May 21, 2026
    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139

    May 21, 2026
    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • FA opens Southampton investigation over Spygate
    • WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139
    • Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty
    • Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar
    • Tinubu: Fuel subsidy, forex cabals behind rising insecurity
    • NDLEA busts N480bn methamphetamine lab in Ogun, arrests three Mexicans
    • Big Wiz: Wizkid becomes first African artiste to reach 11bn Spotify streams
    • NLC warns ‘no community is safe anymore’ after Oyo abduction
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Thursday, May 21
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Court bars Lagos AG from taking over Mile 12 market

    David GreatBy David GreatJanuary 17, 2023No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Nigeria loses over N1.3bn to 'Tomato Ebola’ in 3 states – Minister
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    An Ikeja High Court on Tuesday restrained the Office of Lagos Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice, and Kosofe Local Government from forcefully taking over the Alaba Section of Mile 12 Market.

    Justice Latifat Oluyemi gave the interim injunction pending determination of an application before the court.

    Other respondents in the suit number ID/6464GCMW/2022, include Ikosi/Isheri Local Council Development Area, Dr Chris Onyekachi, Total Value Integrated Services Ltd. and Lagos State Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development.

    The application was initiated by Incorporated Trustees of Orirere Community Leaders and Traders Association, Yeye Precious Modupe Ojo, Alhaji Akinwale Jimoh and Babatunde Adetula of the Mile 12 market.

    The claimants sued for themselves and on behalf of the traders from the Alaba Section of Mile 12 market.

    Justice Latifat Oluyemi restrained the respondents, their agents, servants, privies and any other person from demolishing or forcefully taking over the section of Mile 12 pending determination of the motion on notice.

    The suit was brought under Order 42 Rules 1 and 4 and Order 43 of the High Court of Lagos State (Civil Procedure) Rules, 2019, and other provisions.

    The claimants’ counsel, Mr M.G. Quadri, alleged that he was refused entry and chased out by Princess Samiat Abolanle-Bada, the Chairman of the Ikosi-Isheri LCDA at a mediation meeting held on Dec. 19, 2022, which he said, all parties attended.

    Quadri had alleged that the respondents continued with demolition of the said section of the market on Dec. 18, 2022, in spite of service of court processes and prior agreement by parties concerned.

    He said that the agreement which took place at the Office of the Commissioner of Police, Lagos State, on Dec. 17 2022, was to stay active until the Dec. 19, 2022 meeting.

    “On Dec. 19, the second meeting was held. All parties who attended the previous meeting also attended this one.

    “The respondents orally promised the applicants to begin some sort of resolution process and stop further destruction of the market.

    “Despite the promises given, destruction of properties and assault on helpless traders by heavily armed thugs have not stopped. It only increased exponentially.

    “From the time the motion on notice was filed, up until now, more parts of the Alaba Section of the Mile 12 Market have been destroyed.

    “Traders have been forced away from their shops, and thugs have been patrolling the area, assaulting anyone that comes close,” the counsel had submitted.

    The judge adjourned the case until Jan. 19 for further hearing.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    President Bola Tinubu speaking at a public event in Nigeria, representing federal government economic policy announcements.

    Tinubu: Fuel subsidy, forex cabals behind rising insecurity

    NDLEA operatives at a clandestine methamphetamine laboratory uncovered in Ogun forest with seized chemical substances and suspects.

    NDLEA busts N480bn methamphetamine lab in Ogun, arrests three Mexicans

    NLC warns ‘no community is safe anymore’ after Oyo abduction

    NLC warns ‘no community is safe anymore’ after Oyo abduction

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Southampton had been looking for an immediate return to the Premier League having been relegated at the end of the 2024-25 season

    FA opens Southampton investigation over Spygate

    May 21, 2026
    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139

    May 21, 2026
    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    May 21, 2026
    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    May 21, 2026
    President Bola Tinubu speaking at a public event in Nigeria, representing federal government economic policy announcements.

    Tinubu: Fuel subsidy, forex cabals behind rising insecurity

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.