Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Foden, Palmer miss out on England World Cup squad

    Phil Foden, Cole Palmer out of England World Cup squad, Toney, Mainoo, Madueke in

    May 22, 2026
    Principal of Community High School, Esinele, appeals for help in a viral video after gunmen abducted teachers and students in Oyo State

    Oyo denies rescue of abducted students, teachers

    May 22, 2026
    Police IG Olatunji Disu meeting security officials and residents in Oriire, Oyo State, after a deadly school attack and abductions.

    Police deny rescue of abducted Oyo teachers, students

    May 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Phil Foden, Cole Palmer out of England World Cup squad, Toney, Mainoo, Madueke in
    • Oyo denies rescue of abducted students, teachers
    • Police deny rescue of abducted Oyo teachers, students
    • Foden, Palmer miss out on England World Cup squad
    • Ronaldo scores brace as Al Nassr win Saudi Pro League title
    • Kwankwaso denies working for Tinubu, says only ‘foolish people’ would believe
    • Kingsley Chinda emerges Rivers APC governorship candidate
    • INEC chair demands arrest, prosecution of vote buyers
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Friday, May 22
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Commercial driver sentenced for raping 80-year old woman

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorFebruary 21, 2017No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    An Ado Ekiti High Court on Monday sentenced a 45-year-old commercial driver, Lawrence Adedapo, to seven years imprisonment for raping an 80-year-old woman, Madam Grace Asaolu.

    The sentence on Adedapo has brought to five the number of persons convicted for the offence in the last two years in the area with one of them bagging life sentence.

    Before his sentence on Monday, the Presiding Justice Dele Omotoso said he convicted Adedapo based on evidence before the court which showed that the driver forcefully had carnal knowledge of the old woman and was guilty as charged.

    According to the court, the convict sexually assaulted the octogenarian on November 7, 2013 at Oke Erimope Street, Ogbese, Ise-Ekiti and was subsequently charged to court.

    In the course of the trial, Adedapo was said to have pleaded not guilty to the charge and gave evidence in his own defence, but called no witness to back his claims.

    In his testimony, Adedapo, who described the old woman as his “mother as well as his concubine” whom he had been dating as far back as his bachelor days, claimed that Asaolu framed him up.

    He claimed that the old woman had earlier approached him for a sum of money to travel to her village, but on that date, she walked into his room and demanded for the money.

    The driver claimed that the old woman started romancing him which eventually led to a sexual intercourse after he had given her N1,000.

    The prosecution, led by the Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, Owoseni Ajayi, gave evidence that the convict confessed to have been dating the woman before the incident and that she consented to the sexual intercourse.

    Ajayi tendered the blood-stained clothes of the victim which was recovered from the scene of the incident.

    The trial judge resolved all issues in determination against Adedapo and consequently sentenced him to a jail term of seven years for having unlawful carnal knowledge of the old woman.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Principal of Community High School, Esinele, appeals for help in a viral video after gunmen abducted teachers and students in Oyo State

    Oyo denies rescue of abducted students, teachers

    Police IG Olatunji Disu meeting security officials and residents in Oriire, Oyo State, after a deadly school attack and abductions.

    Police deny rescue of abducted Oyo teachers, students

    Kwankwaso denies working for Tinubu and says Peter Obi is the best southern candidate for the 2027 election.

    Kwankwaso denies working for Tinubu, says only ‘foolish people’ would believe

    Kingsley Chinda emerges Rivers APC governorship candidate

    Kingsley Chinda emerges Rivers APC governorship candidate

    INEC chairman, Prof. Joash Ojo Amupitan speaking on the need to arrest and prosecute vote buyers in Nigeria

    INEC chair demands arrest, prosecution of vote buyers

    Kwankwaso denies working for Tinubu and says Peter Obi is the best southern candidate for the 2027 election.

    Yusuf’s aide says Kwankwaso working for Tinubu behind the scenes

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Foden, Palmer miss out on England World Cup squad

    Phil Foden, Cole Palmer out of England World Cup squad, Toney, Mainoo, Madueke in

    May 22, 2026
    Principal of Community High School, Esinele, appeals for help in a viral video after gunmen abducted teachers and students in Oyo State

    Oyo denies rescue of abducted students, teachers

    May 22, 2026
    Police IG Olatunji Disu meeting security officials and residents in Oriire, Oyo State, after a deadly school attack and abductions.

    Police deny rescue of abducted Oyo teachers, students

    May 22, 2026
    Foden, Palmer miss out on England World Cup squad

    Foden, Palmer miss out on England World Cup squad

    May 22, 2026
    Ronaldo scores brace as Al Nassr Saudi Pro League title

    Ronaldo scores brace as Al Nassr win Saudi Pro League title

    May 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.