Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    May 20, 2026
    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    May 20, 2026
    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president
    • Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges
    • Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws
    • DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West
    • Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary
    • Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears
    • Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours
    • Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Thursday, May 21
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Chicago: Man shoots, kills four on train

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoSeptember 4, 2024No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Chicago: Man shots, kills four on train
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    A 30-year-old Chicago man has been charged with murder after four people were shot and killed on a train, according to authorities. 

    Forest Park Police have identified the suspect as Rhanni Davis, who faces four counts of first-degree murder.

    The victims seemed to be asleep on a Blue Line train in the Chicago suburb of Forest Park when they were shot just before 05:30 local time (10:30 GMT) on Monday, according to authorities.

    According to authorities, three of the victims were found dead at the site, while the fourth died later in the hospital.

    Authorities have identified two of the victims: Simeon Bihesi, 28, and Adrian Collins, 60.

    The Cook County Medical Examiner’s Office eventually revealed that one of the other two deaths was a 64-year-old woman named Margaret Miller.

    The fourth victim was recognised as a guy, although his name has yet to be disclosed.

    Christopher Chin, Deputy Chief of the Forest Park Police Department, stated that the shooting looked to be a “random act of violence,” with the gunman “shooting and killing four victims while literally sleeping on the train.”

    “This wasn’t a robbery. It didn’t appear that he was in a fight with anybody else,” he said.

    Kim Foxx, the prosecutor, called the shooting “inexplicable” when she announced the charges on Tuesday. “It is horrific,” she remarked.

    “We want answers.” According to police, surveillance footage showed the attacker travelling through the train and shooting four victims who looked to be sleeping in two separate carriages. The four victims were not seated together.

    The Blue Line train travels 24 hours a day between Forest Park and Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport and is run by the Chicago Transit Authority, the United States’ second largest public transportation system.

    Gun violence is widespread in the United States, which has more firearms than people.

    Earlier on Tuesday, police in Louisiana detained an 11-year-old kid accused of fatally shooting the city’s former mayor and daughter.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    DHQ dismisses fears of terrorist stronghold after Oyo school attacks

    DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West

    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary

    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    May 20, 2026
    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    May 20, 2026
    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    May 20, 2026
    DHQ dismisses fears of terrorist stronghold after Oyo school attacks

    DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West

    May 20, 2026
    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.