Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Southampton had been looking for an immediate return to the Premier League having been relegated at the end of the 2024-25 season

    FA opens Southampton investigation over Spygate

    May 21, 2026
    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139

    May 21, 2026
    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • FA opens Southampton investigation over Spygate
    • WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139
    • Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty
    • Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar
    • Tinubu: Fuel subsidy, forex cabals behind rising insecurity
    • NDLEA busts N480bn methamphetamine lab in Ogun, arrests three Mexicans
    • Big Wiz: Wizkid becomes first African artiste to reach 11bn Spotify streams
    • NLC warns ‘no community is safe anymore’ after Oyo abduction
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Thursday, May 21
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Borno: NAFDAC seizes drugs worth millions in Maiduguri

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoSeptember 18, 2024No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    How fake sex boosters are destroying health
    Sex boosters market
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    A joint team of officials from the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) and the Borno State Ministry of Health discovered many derelict warehouses in Maiduguri’s Gamboru neighbourhood containing pharmaceuticals worth millions of naira. 

    The warehouses, located in remote and dangerous areas, were utilised to store pharmaceuticals damaged by recent floods.

    During a raid on Wednesday, the team, led by Baba Malam Gana, Borno State Commissioner of Health, and Kenneth Azikiwe, NAFDAC’s Director for the North-East, seized the contaminated pharmaceuticals to prevent their sale and distribution.

    Prof. Christiana Mojisola Adeyeye, Director General of NAFDAC, directed the raid in order to prevent a public health hazard caused by the sale of flood-damaged pharmaceuticals.

    Azikiwe told reporters that the aim was to confiscate and destroy pharmaceuticals impacted by the flood, warning that such products were no longer safe to use due to their degraded quality.

    “We are on an evacuation mission to seize and destroy drugs damaged by the flood in the Gamboru market. These drugs are unsafe for consumption and could pose serious public health risks,” Azikiwe said, calling on the public to report anyone attempting to sundry or sell the affected medicines.

    Baba Malam Gana, the Borno State Commissioner of Health, stressed the need for adequate drug storage and stated that the state government would endeavour to prevent such risky practices from occurring again in the Gamboru pharmaceutical market.

    “Medicines must be stored properly, and we are committed to ensuring that the Gamboru market will not be the same again. We will take immediate action to ensure compliance with safety standards,” Gana stated.

    In terms of compensating business owners who have been affected by the confiscation of flood-damaged medicines, Gana stated that the Borno State government, with the cooperation of the Federal Government, will assist.

    He cited President Bola Tinubu’s recent visit to Maiduguri, where he promised to assist flood victims, especially those in the Gamboru market.

    “President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has assured the people of Borno that they will not be left to suffer. Those who lost their businesses, including those in this market, will receive assistance from both the federal and state governments,” Gana said.

    Bukar Modu, Chairman of the Gamboru Medicine Market, stated that the market’s leadership is eager to work with the government to ensure public safety.

    He stated that people’s health remains their first priority and appealed for financial assistance to minimise the effects of the losses.

    “We are fully prepared to cooperate with the government’s directives. Our primary concern is the health of our people, and we hope the government will provide us with the necessary financial support after this process,” Modu said.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    President Bola Tinubu speaking at a public event in Nigeria, representing federal government economic policy announcements.

    Tinubu: Fuel subsidy, forex cabals behind rising insecurity

    NDLEA operatives at a clandestine methamphetamine laboratory uncovered in Ogun forest with seized chemical substances and suspects.

    NDLEA busts N480bn methamphetamine lab in Ogun, arrests three Mexicans

    NLC warns ‘no community is safe anymore’ after Oyo abduction

    NLC warns ‘no community is safe anymore’ after Oyo abduction

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Southampton had been looking for an immediate return to the Premier League having been relegated at the end of the 2024-25 season

    FA opens Southampton investigation over Spygate

    May 21, 2026
    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139

    May 21, 2026
    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    May 21, 2026
    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    May 21, 2026
    President Bola Tinubu speaking at a public event in Nigeria, representing federal government economic policy announcements.

    Tinubu: Fuel subsidy, forex cabals behind rising insecurity

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.